Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 6 years ago

How well would a punk/post-hardcore band do in South Africa? Could they make it at all?

Just an average, maybe slightly hardcore punk band. My Chemical Romance, Greenday feel. Maybe most hardcore Adept, or Asking Alexandria :) Really appreciate any replies <3

Favorite Answer

The only great band that I know of that came from South Africa is Seether. They don't really fall into your category but they're amazing, check em out.

Little bands like the ones you listed (aside from Green Day) need something like warped tour to help them get going because it's not really what's generally popular in my opinion.

Here's what I've concluded from the many genres of music I listen to: bands and songs tend to be more popular without the screaming stuff (Asking Alexandria), bands with better instrument playing and understandable lyrics like Green Day and Seether tend to get bigger than those that scream.

That's all my opinion and my personal observation so who knows if you'll make it. It all depends on booking the right gigs, getting yourself a good manager and finding the right kids to listen to your music. Good luck.

No give up

Oh we have our kids starving here in the desert, and we live in a tent, but we'll totally fund the next mallcore band.