Lv 5
Alicia asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 7 years ago

Can a Mexican visit Canada, traveling from the US with the appropriate reentry visa?

My Mexican friend will visit me in Texas soon. He has the visa for the US. Does he need a Canadian visa to visit Niagara Falls, Ontario?

2 Answers

  • SteveN
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

    Citizens of Mexico require a visa to enter Canada, unless they have a US Lawful Permanent Resident card (also called a "green" card).

    Your friend can apply for a visa in Mexico City, Monterrey, or Guadalajara. They may also be able to apply for a visa from the Canadian visa office in Houston, but the problem is that it can sometimes take a little time to get the visa (wait time for Mexico is averaging 23 days right now), so he is better off to get it in Mexico well before he comes on the trip to see you in Texas.

    The other option is to visit Niagara Falls from the New York side. You can still take the Maid of the Mist tour that shows the power and size of the falls. He just would not be able to go to the Canadian side without a visa.

  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

    He needs a visa. US visas are only relevant to the US.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.