Do the affordable care act effect all health insurance?

Or is it just limited to obamacare?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Obamacare isn't insurance, it's a law. It's another name for "Affordable Care Act", which isn't at all affordable.

The law has affected most of health insurance - although in some states, you can still buy a policy that is NOT compliant with the law, and then pay the fine, on top of the health insurance premium.

The law says, you MUST buy inpatient drug rehab services, you MUST buy free birth control, you MUST buy maternity benefits, you MUST buy a policy with unlimited coverage. All those extras, are going to pile on the costs. Of course.

• 7 years ago

“Obamacare” is just a nickname for the law known as the Affordable Care Act. Obamacare is not an insurance plan itself. But to answer your question, everyone’s health insurance is affected by Obamacare in some way. Employer-based health insurance plans are affected least. Self-purchased individual or family health insurance plans are affected most. The law now requires all new health insurance plans to provide coverage for a specific set of “essential” medical benefits. It also did away with some limits on coverage and made it so that no one could be turned down for coverage based on their personal medical history.

• 7 years ago

Obamacare is a nickname for a law. The law is called the affordable care act.

I guess you could say that "all health insurance" is impacted by ACA. The health insurance policy either complies with ACA requirements or it doesn't comply with ACA requirements.

• 7 years ago

At - INSURECOMPARECAR.INFO- you can compare free quotes

RE Do the affordable care act effect all health insurance?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

I suggest that you visit this site where onel can get quotes from the best companies: http://insurequote.info/index.html?src=3YActxobUQ6...

RE :Do the affordable care act effect all health insurance?

Follow 8 answers

Source(s): I suggest that you visit this site where onel can get quotes from the best companies: http://insurequote.info/index.html?src=3YActxobUQ6...
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Get insurance quotes

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

It will affect all fo course, there will be a chain down affect as no one works for free. The money has to come from somewhere.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Great arguments, but I am not 100%

• 7 years ago

"Obamacare" is the nickname for the ACA.

• 4 years ago

I've no idea what to say

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.