California legislators pass bill banning Confederate flag! 1st. Admendment violation?

Are you serious??? That is a violation of the 1st. Amendment rights of free speech! I have two flags on my wall, and I used to have a windowscape on the rear window of my truck for years... I also have a hat that has the flag on it... I have never had any issues with anyone, not even from black people, from me having the flag!

The bill passed 71 - 1 in favor of the ban, and now goes to the Senate... If this bill passes, it clearly violates free speech, and the 1st. Amendment... God, I hate California!!!

Favorite Answer

yep... that'll ease the deficit, the failing schools, the corruption and the fact that about 25,000 skilled jobs have moved to other states in the last two years... won't it?

-So SUE Them ! It's YOUR Time You're Wasting. Nobody Else's. :)

• John S

Are YOU serious? Did you make ANY attempt to see what the bill actually says?

"California state government departments will be prohibited from selling or displaying items with an image of the Confederate flag . . . ."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/06/bill-ba...

You can have any racist symbol you want on your wall or your hat if you want. You won't be able to buy a Confederate flag at the state capitol gift shop! What horror! God, I hate morons who post idiotic comments.