Thoughts on the Warriors firing Mark Jackson?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

It may have been justified. Jackson's firing was not based on wins and losses, it was personal. As a coach in terms of producing wins, he was one of the best this season. Not many coaches have 51 win seasons. He had the respect and attention of his players - something well taken for granted and extremely rare in the NBA nowadays.

However, when the news started surfacing months ago that he was fighting with management, relocating his coaching staff and disagreeing with front office decisions I knew the possibility was there for him to get fired. Like any job if you disagree with your boss and start doing things your own way, insubordination, you will get fired. That's really I think what happened. We have no idea what happened behind closed doors, Jackson may have been a real problem. Maybe not. But the Warriors probably felt that it distracted an otherwise successful year, and with all the coaches names out there looking for jobs, Kerr, Ollie, Van Gundy, etc they feel it's worth taking a chance.

• 7 years ago

Who ever running the Warriors, are freaking idiots! Have they find out that Klay Thompson was paid $2 millions by the Clippers before Game 7? Mark Jackson is a good coach & is not his fault that Curry & Lee sucks balls.

• 7 years ago

Always thought he was a good coach. Guess Golden State wants a long playoff run, he will find another job im sure. Maybe LA

• 7 years ago

That was one dumbass move.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

bad move

• 7 years ago

i think it is a completely idiotic move. when was the last time the warriors won 50 games? i think its all the way back in 1993. first coach in 20 years to win 50 games for them and they fire him on that season? they should be giving him a raise and an extension. mark jackson is the best coach they have had since the first don nelson era, and to fire him for losing in the first round in 7 games as a 6 seed after pulling a first round upset the year before is just stupid.

• Nope
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

lol he's not gone just yet

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.