Benjamin asked in SportsBasketball · 6 years ago

I think the Nets will beat the Heat?

I firmly believe the Nets go to the finals if they beat Miami and Washington beats Indiana but if Indiana plays Brooklyn I believe Indiana will but I do believe Brooklyn beats Miami 4-2 I know its a stretch for most but an amped up KG takes Bosh out of the rebounding game, Paul Pierce can keep up with Lebron on the wing, Paul Pierce is 6'7, Joe Johnson is 6'7, Shaun Livingston is 6'5-6'6 so they have length on the wing, they have a deep bench, Who's guna guard D-Will if he shows up? The times Pierce is guarded by Lebron and Joe Johnson is guarded by D-Wade? KG is going to be guarded by Bosh and Plumlee draws Birdman so it leaves Chalmers on D-Will, Joe Johnson posts up smaller players so there's a very realistic chance he averages 25 this series and unlike everyone else I'm not under the impression that Spoelstra is a good coach

The x factors IMO are D-Will and if Eric Spoelstra plays Oden and Beasley for size purposes because Birdman won't be enough because I'm tellin ya KG is guna be fired up

Favorite Answer

It should be a very entertaining series. Nets do have some favorable match ups. The problem with Miami.....other than the big three, they do not have quality offensive production. The Nets have quite a few players who can just GO OFF. Brooklyn is going to have to get production from the bench. They cannot take nights off. Lebron is one of the few who can just completely take a game over. Making a prediction of who wins is tough, it will be a close series though.

• Eddie

Everyone is entitle to their opinion and their is a reason why teams play the game instead of assuming who will win. In the NBA matchup is a problem for many teams in which one team can beat another team because of matchup and another team has problem with a team because of the matchup. A few years ago while the Lakers were winning the championship they would lose both regular season games against the Bobcats and I am sure the Lakers did not get up in playing the Bobcats but the Cats matchup well against them. So with that being said, The Nets might very well win this series.

But there is a reason why most so call experts and Vegas odds still pick the Heat over the Net and remarkably even though they are often wrong most times they are right and I think ultimately the increase minutes and shorter rotation that the Heat will depend on,, their experience of being in the finals 3 straight years and all of those experience to go with that and something that the Raptor lack but still almost won that series and even though you down play Spoelstra ability he is not afraid to tweek the lineup in which a lot of people credit to them winning it last year when he started Miller over Battier during the Spurs series where many coaches would not make that move. I am not saying the Heat will win but if I had to say one way or the other then I have to go with the Heat because they are rested, and I think the Raptors exposed them and I think if the Raptors had more experience on that team they would have beaten the Nets.

Brooklyn always seems to knock down shots better when playing against the Heat, but I don't think they can beat them 4 times.

If the Nets had a healthy Brook Lopez, maybe.

• richie

The Nets match up well with the Heat and in the regular season, the Nets got the better of the Heat.

But I believe the Heat will still win this series. The playoffs is different from the regular season and the Heat usually turn their level up a notch in the playoffs, like other champion teams.

I don't like the Heat but I can't see any team in the east winning the conference but them (now that the Pacers seem to be disintegrating).

Heat in 4

I find it hard to believe the Heat will only win 2 games in the 2nd round of the playoffs

Heat in 5.