Yeast infection during period?

So recently I have had the flu and I had to take antibiotics along with less than par hygiene due to being REALLY sick, and today I took a shower and finally shaved down there, and noticed my vagina was really red and puffy along with an itch (that i thought was from not shaving, but it ISNT) and a thick, cottage... show more So recently I have had the flu and I had to take antibiotics along with less than par hygiene due to being REALLY sick, and today I took a shower and finally shaved down there, and noticed my vagina was really red and puffy along with an itch (that i thought was from not shaving, but it ISNT) and a thick, cottage cheese like discharge. I am 80% its a yeast infection. I am not sexually active either, so a yeast infection makes the most sense. Here's the problem though! I've never had a yeast infection before and I know you should go to the doctor if it's your first time to double check, and I was going to BUT my period starts in 1 day! Can I still visit the gyno/doctor if i'm on my period to check? or does the blood **** with everything. I'm really not sure how to go about A) dealing with the yeast infection and B) how to go about checking with a doctor. Any help is appreciated! Thank you.
3 answers 3