HELP PLEASE!!!!!?

District of Columbia v. Heller.

In at least two well-written paragraphs, explain why the case is important to understanding the changing nature of American federalism.

Favorite Answer

While I won't write the paper for you, and I hope it isn't too late, I'll just toss some ideas out there.

Federalism, in a nutshell, is the relationship between the Federal Government and smaller, individual governments (In the U.S., these would be State's Governments).

D.C. vs. Heller was a decision made by the Federal Government (more specifically the Supreme Court) which mandated that all states respect the 2nd Amendment as an /individual/ right. This means that the decision to ban firearms is no longer up to a state or a city. It is one example of the Federal Government's power to enforce nationwide laws on states, even if they do not agree with the law.