Is Fall Out Boy demonic?

I'm Christian and I listened to a few of their songs and I liked them until I really focused on the lyrics. 1 example would be in My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark when Patrick says "I'm in the d-details with devil" and another example is in Just One Yesterday: "I thought of angels choking on their halos, get them drunk on rose water. See how dirty I can get them pulling out their fragile tears, and clip their tiny wings." I know how the devil can influence the world with music so please help me!!

-

And no stupid answers please, I asked a simple question. I didn't ask if you believe in God or not. I didn't ask about the connection between religion and music. Just answer what I have written above please and thank you.

Favorite Answer

Hello Kyra, I am a 51 year old Christian mother of a 17 year old Christian daughter. This site is a terrible place to ask questions about Christian related things. There are very few users who want to do anymore than make fun of Christians. Fall Out Boy are simply atheists and that means they do not believe in God. That is their choice just as it is our choice to believe in God. The word demonic is not the word you are looking for, though, because they do not make their music under the instruction of a demon. Most rock singers care little about Christianity, but there are far worse bands than Fall Out Boy when it comes to mocking religion. Fall Out Boy are not going to influence you badly. Just remember that they are singing from the vantage point of non-believers. There are a lot of good bands that are made up of true Christians though and I will give you a list of them if you just want to stick to authentic Christian lyrics, and I gave you the dictionary definition of demonic below. Just so you know I, as a Christian mom, would have no qualms about my daughter listening to Fall Out Boy. They are pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things.

definition of de·mon·ic - adjective:

caused or done by a demon : of, relating to, or like a demon

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/demonic

CHRISTIAN ROCK BANDS:

WE AS HUMAN

FIREFLIGHT

RED

ICON FOR HIRE

THOUSAND FOOT KRUTCH

THE LETTER BLACK

FLYLEAF

SKILLET

PILLAR

AS I LAY DYING

DEMON HUNTER

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA

SWITCHFOOT

DECYFER DOWN

AUGUST BURNS RED

RELIANT K

CASTING CROWNS

THREE DAYS GRACE

ANBERLIN

DISCIPLE THIRTEEN

STRYPER

HAWK NELSON

NEWSBOYS

UNDEROATH

MERCYME

TENTH AVENUE NORTH

BEFORE THEIR EYES

NINE LASHES

SEVENTH DAY SLUMBER

THIRD DAY

PROJECT 86

JARS OF CLAY

DELIRIOUS

PETRA

BRIDE

SANCTUS REAL

LIGHTSWITCH

• Kiko6 years agoReport

Three days Grace is a Christian band? I didn't know that. They were the first band I heard and my second favorite.

I don't really think that The Phoenix is a demonic song. Anyway I know two of the members are atheist. I rather listen to the Christan band Skillet though.

• Alex

Oh yes, they are Satan's will incarnate. Save your soul and stay away from all music!

• johnny

Is this a serious question? Have you been sniffing glue or something?

Wait, what?

yes, yes they are.

please stop listening to them.