What is the best 2 yr nursing school in Pittsburgh?

What is the best school based on clinical and theoretical training, state of the art equipment, job placement, teachers and the overall nursing student experience?

Just a little background info on me:

I'm 21 and I don't plan on going to nursing school,realistically, for a couple more years due to the fact I just had my son 6 months ago.

To be honest I didn't take high school very seriously so my grades aren't the best but I took a year and half of classes at community college to get my confidence up.

I want to do my research and make sure I'm getting the best education for the best price, that fits me and my lifestyle.

Favorite Answer

There's no such thing anymore as a "2 year nursing school". All RN programs are two years - it's the GE and pre nursing that makes the program longer.

I'm trying to see if the PA BON has a list of recognized programs, but my computer is being a bit wonky. If they do, it would be here http://www.dos.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/commun... If it's not on there, you can call or e-mail them and ask if they maintain such a list.

If you are looking to just get your ADN, remember two things

1. It won't matter what "the best" program is. You want a program that has a good NCLEX pass rate. Once you get your RN license, while your education matters, the RN license and *which* degree you have usually matter more than the school you went to.

2. If you want to do hospital work or clinic work, you will need your BSN. In metro areas, most hospitals and clinics are preferring/requiring a BSN. That leaves rehabs, senior homes, skilled nursing facilities, and similar places that accept ADN degrees - and it's usually off hours, weekends, and holidays.

Nursing programs are very very difficult to get into, so you'll have to come to the table with a great resume and a great college GPA to really be considered seriously.

Good Luck!

• Judy