Can someone answer my questions about FBI Hostage rescue team?

I am in the Marine Corps right now serving 4 years. I have done some brief reading on the qualifications of joining the FBI and from there joining the HRT. From what I can see so far, I would need a 4 year degree from any college and at least 3 years of professional work experience before I can join the FBI. Then after I've been in the FBI for around 3 years, I can try out for the HRT.

What else do I need to know in order to join?

Can I get a degree in Law Enforcement, work as a police officer for 3 years and then just try to join the FBI?

Any input would be appreciated.

Best Answer

You are in the Marine Corps and you are gaining work experience. I don't know what you are doing, but I'm sure it will carry some weight. I've known FBI agents who were hired right out of the Marine Corps. A college degree is required, a law degree is preferred. But why don't you just apply a little before you get out. You never know. And try one or more of the other 159 federal law enforcement agencies too. For instance, NIS hires both military and civilians.