Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 7 years ago

vocal/music theory music apps?

I am looking for music theory/vocal apps i looked everwhere... but the thing is i cant find any!

I would also really like it if the app also showed me how to notes sound.

Its fine if it costs real money!

Thx for answering!

• LJ
    Favorite Answer

What you need is a voice teacher, not an app!

There is no app that can do what a human being can do in terms of training your voice. Real music instruction come from having real music lessons.

I know I've been down on you for trying to prep for a Laguardia audition that's years in the future. But actually taking voice lessons IS something you can do now.

Working with a good teacher on training your voice correctly is a good way of getting ready to audition at Laguardia. Trying to train on your own using an app is a terrible idea. At best you'll accomplish nothing. At worst you'll damage your singing voice.

These days you can learn how to sing over the internet. Check out Aaron Anastasi's singing video lessons here: http://www.superiorsingingmethod.link/ The videos are very easy to follow and to my surprise extremely helpful even for advanced singers. For beginners I would have to say this is a gold mine. I was able to improve my singing, voice tone and range in just under two weeks and I am an advanced musician, been doing this for the last 13 years.

I live in New York City, I wanted to go to a singing teacher but that would have cost me over $1400 per month. Good thing with this internet, $1400 it's a lot of money for me.

Please do NOT rely on any dodgy web tutorials because that way you can misunderstand things VERY EASILY and develop bad habits, hoarseness, vocal nodules and other nasties IN NO TIME, and even though you would sound good! It is always much wiser to invest a little bit of your money/time to face-to-face lessons rather than wasting the same amount of money (or even more!) to frequent ear-nose-throat specialist visits due to aforementioned problems, so please reconsider this. If you can't afford vocal lessons, then joining a choir is the only SAFE alternative option. And believe me, but even MANY of those who have music as their hobby DO take lessons as well!

Always remember to warm up your voice properly, but please know your limits and don't overdo your voice! Remember the diaphragmatic support, do not strain your throat too much! Also, remember good body posture!

Avoid fizzy drinks (burp danger), dairy products (mucus risk), caffeinated products (coffee & tea included, they dry up your throat) and spicy food (irritation risk)! You can consume these things, but NEVER before singing!

Do NOT shout, yell, scream nor otherwise abuse your voice AT ANY TIME! Also, please respect your vocal range; if your teacher says you are, say, more of an alto (baritone if you are male), then you ARE more of an alto (baritone).

DO NOT try to imitate anyone famous, that will usually give you just bad habits and even damage your throat. You are YOU and your voice is unique, so please learn to cherish that. The world does NOT need copycats.

Do NOT sing, whisper, shout, yell nor scream if having a sore throat/cold/flu, Also, do speak as little as you can if you have flu/cold/sore throat!

Remember to drink at least 2 litres of room-temperature still water every day, not just during singing days!

Click Here : https://tr.im/howtosingingbetter