Do you agree with Mavericks owner Mark Cuban on the Don Sterling NBA matter?

"In no uncertain terms am I supporting what Donald Sterling said, or his position," Cuban said. "He's obviously racist, he's obviously bigoted. And in this day and age when you're in the public eye you've got to be damn careful -- if that's your position and that's unfortunately where you're at -- you better be damn careful what you say, even in the privacy of your own home.

"But regardless of your background, regardless of the history they have, if we're taking something somebody said in their home and we're trying to turn it into something that leads to you being forced to divest property in any way, shape or form, that's not the United States of America. I don't want to be part of that."

"In this country, people are allowed to be morons," Cuban said Monday night in Dallas' locker room before Game 4 of the Mavericks' playoff series against San Antonio. "They're allowed to be stupid. They're allowed to think idiotic thoughts .... Within an organization like the NBA, we try to do what's in the best interest of the league and that's why we have a commissioner and a constitution and I think Adam [Silver] will be smart and deal with Donald with the full extent available.

"But, again, if you're saying a blanket, 'Let's kick him out?' I don't want to go that far because it's not about Donald, it's not about his position, it's about his mess -- and what are we going to make a decision

I agree with the NBA 100%

It is a slippery slope. And the extreme end of that is censorship by a collective group.

Yes.

• justa

He did say what he did, but this isn't solely about his personal views, which he can express endlessly if he wishes to. But its not protected speech and he needs to take the consequences for what he says which is very impactful on the Clippers as a basketball team and brand. It's hardly a secret that most of his players are black, and a whole lot of his teams fans are too. He also has sponsors, who have left him in droves.

People don't want to be associated with that kind of backwards thinking. If no ban or fine had taken place and you were a black player looking to join a team, and you were good enough to have a choice, wouldn't you choose a team where you were looked on with respect? So his future prospects would have dwindled too.

No one is discrimination against Sterling. He did what he did and he was called on it,

Owing a pro sports team is not like owning any other kind of business. People like Cuban know going in that their autonomy is limited by the leagues regulations. If that was unacceptable to him then he shouldn't have bought the team, or he could get together with the other owners and try and to have the regulations changes. The penalty handed down to Sterling is not unprecedented in the pro-sports world and Cuban is being disingenuous when he suggests that it is. He also knows that should Sterling be forced to sell it would only be because 3/4 of the leagues other owners have voted for it.

Yes, I do agree with Mark Cuban. Just because you are an asshole doesn't mean somebody else can force you to sell your company.

They can tell him he can't come to the games or he can't represent the league or players publicly, but they can't force the man to sell his company over something he said while arguing with a woman he is having serious relationship problems with, who clearly provoked him.

Yes, the NBA is a private organization and wants to protect it's brand. Sterling owning a team that is largely Afriocan American while having racist viewpoints that became public, even though we all knew before, is not part of the NBA brand. It is the first good decision a major sports league commissioner has made in some time..

I agree with what Commissioner Adam Silver did by banning Donald Sterling for life and forcing him to sell his team.

Mark Cuban voted with the other owners to force Sterling to sell the team. I will leave it at that.

I do and the discrimination against Donald Sterling is mind boggling.

Jews stick together. I admire that.