Dalton
Dalton asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 7 years ago

Where to buy lumpia/springroll wrappers?

Hey. I'm trying to make lumpia shanghai, I hear the lumpia wrappers are the same as springroll wrappers. They fry up crisp as opposed to egg rolls which are thicker and crunchy. A couple of the local stores sell egg roll wrappers, but not the springrolls.

I see people online saying not to pay rip off prices, just slip on down to your local Asian market. I'm in a small town in the south. We don't have one.

I tried making them from scratch. I got a few good ones, but I'm not skilled at it. They're mostly trash and I basically just burnt my self.

I can buy online, but I didn't see any with a descent price. I also don't know how it works when they're supposed to be refrigerated. I hear spring home is a good brand. Ideally, I'd get the big squares so I can double it by cutting them diagonally. I'll take and quality cheap ones I can get. Does anyone know where I can order these from reliably? Thanks.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I see people online saying not to pay...

Source(s): buy lumpia springroll wrappers: https://tr.im/j2yb2

I prefer Wei Chuan springrolls wrappers. Cost about $1.19 for a packet of 30 pieces. The best reason is, it peels better and does not break easily. For spring home brand, I chose for Indian flatbread called roti pratha. Cost about $5.99 for a family size 20 pieces pack. Usually Asian supermarkets like 99 ranch markets sell them. You can make it at home, although it is very tedious. You only need flour and water to make a water dough. With a hot griddle, you hold the well mixed water dough ball in one hand , and basically with quick stab the dough on a hot and well oiled griddle like making an impression and not like making a batter to make a pancake. As quickly as you made an impression, as quickly peel off the paper thin floured skin off the griddle. *

I've found wonton wrappers next to the tofu in the local supermarket.

Of course, if you have an Asian market near you, they'll have a better selection.

Where i buy weichuan spring roll shells? I in the winnipeg MB