How come Florida is known as the sunshine state?

I visited Florida last year and was told that it rains only a few times a week, but only for like 15 minutes. That was a lie. It rained every day and most of the time for hours. How do people live in that state with awful weather?

It rains non-stop in Florida. Miami gets more precipitation in 2 months than L.A. does in an entire year.

How can Florida be known as the sunshine state when it rains more than Seattle and NYC?

Favorite Answer

I live in Florida and have lived here my whole life, 22 years, and when we get rain, we feel luck. we don't really get as much rain as you think we do. Its usually hot and humid. You probably just came down at the wrong time if you were trying to get nothing but sun. It in the 90s right now and I haven't seen rain in about 3 weeks now and the last time I did see rain, it only rained for about 30 minutes to an hour. But when it does rain, I love to go outside in the rain cause its so much better than the miserable heat and humidity that we always get here.

It's usually got

I agree with Jonathon the rain comes and goes not to often but when it rain its for real you get soaked and one thing I remember after the rain was the Mosquitos are after you like a thanksgiving turkey dinner and the bugs crawling of the ground All that made me move out of FL. after 22 years