Should I get the word "YOLO" or the whole sentence, "You only live once"? Tattoo, and where?

"YOLO" or "You only live once". because I go by that saying alot, and it helps me know that after all the stressful stuff that happened in my life, YOLO lets me know that there is plenty of things to do that I have never done before. So make the most of your life. Thats what it means to me. So If i get it tattoo

d. I was thinking if it was the whole sentence it would go on my lower arm, somewhere there, but if you know where it would look way better, let me know :3 and if i got the word YOLO, Should i put it on my hand, the side of my foot. I don't know because it is just a short simple word, and there is soo many places i could place that word. Thank you! and no hating because it is my life not yours, if i choose to get tattoos thats up to me. Thank u.

Favorite Answer

Not YOLO as it just seems immature and something teens go by. Either 'you only live once' or as someone above said 'carpe diem'. That basically means to "seize the day" and/or a certain moment in time. To put aside all differences, all fears, all worries, and just go for it. To make the most out of that part of time and live life to the full. It's a nicer version that what most people say these days as when people say YOLO or you only live once, it reminds me of chavs, or teenagers that go out drinking and say 'f*ck the world I can do this, YOLO' or doing other things that they think because they live once that's it's acceptable. Carpe Diem will fit nicely on your wrist or under your collarbone, don't get it where girls usually get quotes or something as you want something original and not what everyone else has. Like the wrist or ribs, and even though I said wrist, it will look nice but if you want something not like everyone else has, then under collarbone in nice curvy writing would look nice.

• Thank you. You were very informative, and made sure not to be or sound rude. :)

No. You don't need a tattoo to spell out your way of life. You can just live it to the fullest and it would speak for itself. Having the tattoo won't change what you do so it would not really have a point.

Don't get YOLO you will get bashed. Get carpe diem or you only live one life. Just don't get yolo that is like social suicide.

You'd be the first person to ever do this ever. Carpe Diem is the adult version. YOLO is the Justin beiber version.

I think you should do the whole sentence bc the whole "YOLO" thing is played out and people make fun of it. Ha.

your going to wake up when your 45 have kids and **** and be like why the hell did i get a Drake quote on my body permanently...id advise you think it through, get something more meaningful or you can be a huge tool and jump on the hip hop high school bandwagon and regret it so bad one day you cut it out with a knife. your choice.

• Um just because drake quotes that, that is bad? No alot of people say it and there is such thing as, if you don't like to be judged then why judge me?

You should get it NOWHERE ! Yolo is old and played out now, no one says it anymore.

• As far as i can tell I still say it. And I am pretty sure out of millions of people of this planet, plenty people still say it. Thats just your opinion and you don't know if people do or do not say it anymore. And how can a saying "you only live once" die out? Its true, you do only live once...

That will look horribly dated. Trust and believe, you will regret it, sooner rather than later.

yes

get #SwagYOLO

• Tony6 years agoReport

lol