Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysEaster · 7 years ago

Can I say happy Easter to a non-Christian?

Can I say happy Easter to a non Christian?

I don't really get this worrying about offending people by wishing them a happy day. If you get into the semantics of it all you are doing is wishing someone a happy day. You're not saying "have a happy Easter only if you believe in Jesus." You're simply telling them to have a happy day on a day that falls on a Christian holiday. So YES you can wish a non Christian a Happy Easter. Happy Easter to you by the way.

Yes. Pagans love Easter, too.

• Matty

If you want, I guess. I'd prefer you not start talking about Jesus though. Unless you want me to enlighten you as to the origins of Easter and the ways of the old gods.

Same way you say Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy 4th of July,

• Hope

It doesn't make sense. If you know someone is not Christian, why not just say Happy Sunday. What are you trying to prove?

• oldguy

you can say happy easter to anyone you want, what kind of response are you looking for? most will be polite and say thanks or happy easter back. i'm not christian and i will be polite. thanks

well you can say happy springtime or i agree with @oldguy here

btw have a good spring to you x

• Bella

yesss