Is Adword a great way to bring traffic to a new site?

Anyone know what the conversion for an "average" PPC campaign is? I know Adwords cost money, and there are free alternatives out there, but my profits has a high margin and I'm willing to pay for initial traffic. Adwords is also faster than other methods when it comes to getting initial traffic. For... show more Anyone know what the conversion for an "average" PPC campaign is? I know Adwords cost money, and there are free alternatives out there, but my profits has a high margin and I'm willing to pay for initial traffic. Adwords is also faster than other methods when it comes to getting initial traffic. For example, although social media are great, in my opinion they are only helpful once you have some traffic. If you have 0 traffic initially, then I don't see how social media is going to help if no one know you exist.

I'm also a loner with few friends on FB.

So would Adword be a good tool for me? I'm also planning to sell on a major online forum that deals with my industry/niche.

what do you think? thx