Lv 4
G asked in HealthWomen's Health · 6 years ago

Is it is possible to get male to female HRT if you're already a girl?

What exactly would you have to say to a doctor to get it? It was suggested in the answers to me last question of how I can actually get a feminine body, but since I'm already a girl I can just see them saying no to it, can it be done by a cosmetic doctor or something?

I was looking at a forum for transgender people of the results they'd had, most reaching C cup breasts and their faces taking a more feminine curve, I have a very angular face and wear an A bra so I'd really appreciate the results they're getting.

Before anyone says your body stops growing a few years after your period and just to wait etc, I'm not a exactly a little kid, my first period was about 6 years ago.

Is there any way I can get this treatment?

3 Answers

  • Lily R
    Lv 6
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    HRT will do very little for you I'm afraid, you already have a naturally high level of estrogen and too much can be dangerous. Seen as you were born female it seems you were just dealt a shitty hand when it comes to your genetics.

    You could go to your doctor, see if your hormones are unusually low or sommat and MAYBE they'd do sommat if that were the case but other than that it would be cosmetic treatments I'm afraid.

    I'm sorry.

    Source(s): 21 year old pre-op male-to-female transsexual
  • Kasha
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

    Trans girls are already girls too - hormone replacement therapy just changes their bodies.

    If you're a cis female then you already have a feminine body because you are already biologically female, there's absolutely no reason for you to take hormone replacement therapy because you already have those hormones present in the correct amounts in your body. The results they're getting aren't due to the hormones alone but also how their body responds to those hormones, you're no more guaranteed a C cup than they are.

    If you're unhappy with your body then that isn't a physical problem it is a mental problem, you don't use hormone treatment for this you work on your self-esteem. There's absolutely nothing wrong with your body as it is now, also your body does NOT stop growing a few years after your period - your body continues to develop until adulthood, this is what puberty is; your body developing from that of a child to that of an adult.

    Hormone replacement therapy isn't something you use just because you aren't happy with your body, hormone replacement therapy isn't a cosmetic therapy it is a corrective therapy for those who are naturally lacking those hormones. Adding more female hormones such as estrogen to your natural hormones is also dangerous for a number of reasons including potentially increasing your risks of female cancers such as breast cancer, damaging bone development, and effecting your menstrual cycles - if hormonal birth control poses health risks to women, and especially teens, imagine what HRT could risk.

  • 6 years ago

    I don't think any doctor would do that for you. Too much estrogen (the hormone that makes you 'feminine') can cause cancer in women. So it's advised that you don't get it.

    What's more important to you? Your health or appearance? Learn to love yourself. No amount of 'feminine' hormones will be enough if you don't.

    Source(s): Life and being a girl
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.