Ohio university reputation?

I'm completely in love with ohio university but I've heard some rocky things about the school. As an out of stater, I'm not exactly sure what the reputation is. Miami is much too expensive and preppy for my liking along with ohio state being way too big. I've heard things from best school out there to wvu of ohio. Oh god... Someone help! I'm in love but I've heard some mixed reviews! Opinions anyone? Thanks:)

Favorite Answer

I'm also an Ohio State grad...I visited Ohio University and Miami as they were on my list of schools that I applied to. I agree that Miami is a bit 'preppy', but it's beautiful there. Ohio University is really pretty and a great school --> so no worries about the education that you would get there.

I will say that you should visit for yourself. A drawback for me for Ohio University was that there is nothing around outside of Athens. And Athens is not a large city, it's a college town. Which is fine but if you would want to go experience a larger atmosphere or bigger city then there's really nowhere to go. It has a reputation of being a big 'party school' due to the fact that it's fairly isolated and there is a large Greek population there (frats and sororities). But you can choose not to take part in that much partying if you want.

You should visit all the schools that you have serious intentions of attending.

Ohio University Reputation

You can't live your life according to hearsay ... usually from people who have no idea what they are talking about. I'm an OSU grad, but I have the greatest respect for both OU and Miami. Ohio University is top-rate. Go! You won't regret it.

• Brooke6 years agoReport

Thanks, it was good to get a prospective from an OSU grad!