How many Jehovah's Witnesses leave their religion? Like what percentage of members get DF'd or fade out?

Favorite Answer

I really do not know how many are being dfd or just leaving, but any numbers that the JWS give is not accurate.

Lets take the Memorial numbers for an example, JWs claim there's only eight million JWs. But, they claim that over 20 million people attend the memorial. Okay let's assume that on an average there is one child to every family. And that is being very conservative on that number. And we all know that anyone that is not baptized, is not considered a JW.

That will make the memorial numbers be in the range of 16 million people.

Now out of my 36 years of going to the memorial, i can contest that maybe, just maybe there would have been at the most 10 people that i did not know at the one i attended.

Now if you take the amount of congregations worldwide, of about 110,000, that would give you around 1100000.

Children = 8 million

Non JW invited equals =1100000

Give or take on the Non JW invited numbers.

16000000+1100000

=17100000

Now that they claim over 20 million, tha

Source(s): Means that we need to add a few more children and a few more non jw invites. Which if you listen to the JWS, oh my, they are reaching so many people at memorial time, and just look at the turn out! The mass majority is their own children. This is just to show you, that getting a truthful answer from the WT on how many went to the memorial, that were not children and were just invited, is impossible. By the way, this is just a rough estimate. Call me out please, if i got my math wrong.

Unfortunately there is no statistic regarding this information. I kinda wish we did keep track of those type of things. Including how many marriages, in which both partners are Witnesses, end up in divorce. I'm sure both the numbers are markedly low.

The one statistic that we do keep track of his how many Witnesses there are. Currently there are somewhere very close to 8 million. It is one of the fastest growing religions while mainstream Christianity is seeing a steady decline in attendance. A news report was actually done on this recently.

This steady increase of people learning the truth can be expected. As Isaiah prophesied...

Isaiah 2:2

In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it all the nations will stream.

Source(s): Http://WWW.JW.ORG http://searchforbibletruths.blogspot.com
  • I Try

With the advent of all the information available on the internet about this false religion many are waking up to the lies of the society and fleeing, the numbers will only grow as more and more see the real truth and not the "Truth" the society claims.

• Brian

What I Try fails to consider is that his own religion, Trinitariansm, is failing and its people are leaving. Churches are closing and being turned into stores or restaurants. People see the hypocrisy of his religion.

• Diane

I Try, contrary to your hope/belief, the numbers are actually growing rapidly. Our Hall now has to be used for two sittings as many others do.

Here is the info right from a 100% accurate site

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/statistics.php