According to 1 John 2:17 "Those doing God's will lives forever" Where would they live? Would they grow old, ge?

1 John 2:17

New International Version (NIV)

17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

Update:

The second question was would they grow old, get sick etc?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Rick G
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you live forever, it means you would not longer age, but just have many many years of experience. And here is another verse or two to consider.

(Revelation 21:3, 4) 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

(Isaiah 33:24) 24 And no resident will say: “I am sick.” The people dwelling in the land will be pardoned for their error.

Everlasting life, with health, and the blessing of Jehovah God will keep life enjoyable no matter how many calendars you have hung on the wall.

• BJ
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

“The world” that is to pass away is, not the earth, but the world of mankind whose lives are not in harmony with God’s will.

Just as a surgeon might remove a cancerous tumor to save a patient’s life, God will “cut off” the wicked so that good people can truly enjoy life on earth. (Psalm 37:9) In that sense, “the end of the world” is a good thing.

“the end of the world” is implied by the Bible translations that render this expression “the conclusion of the system of things” or “the end of the age.”

Since both humankind and the earth survive the end, does it not seem reasonable that a new age, a new system of things, would follow? The Bible answers yes, for it speaks of “the coming system of things.”

Jesus called that future period “the renewal of all things.” At that time, he will restore humanity to the conditions that God originally intended. We will then enjoy:

▪ A paradise earth with security and prosperity for all.—Isaiah 35:1; Micah 4:4.

▪ Work that is meaningful and satisfying.—Isaiah 65:21-23.

▪ The curing of all disease.—Isaiah 33:24.

▪ The reversal of aging.—Job 33:25.

▪ The resurrection of the dead.—John 5:28, 29.

If we do “the will of God,” what he asks of us, we need not fear the end of the world. Instead, we can look forward to it.

• 7 years ago

The future home of the redeemed Church is described in Revelation 21:9-27. It's called New Jerusalem. This is the place with the pearly gates and streets of gold most people mistakenly call Heaven. It comes down out of Heaven, but with no mention of it landing anywhere it will likely be a satellite of Earth much like our Moon is today. Its base is 1400 miles square and it stands 1400 miles tall. Much too large to fit anywhere on Earth.

At the beginning of the chapter John says God will wipe away the tears of all believers. And there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain. Believers will live forever. Paul agrees when he says we will be transformed from mortal to immortal at the rapture/resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:51-54).

• banana
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

While the Bible says there will be a new heavens and new earth it doesn't mean God is going to recreate them. when he destroys the wicked at Armagaddon the earth will be "new" in the sense that it will be cleansed of disobedient, evil people.

The Bible makes it clear that the "earth will not be made to totter" so it will not be destroyed just the wicked people will.

No, there will be no sickness, old age or death as "death will be swallowed up forever". Death was never part of Jehovah God's original purpose for humans. If Adam and Eve had been obedient they would still be here today. Death was only the result of sin and Jesus ransom sacrifice made eternal life possible for all those who "exercise faith" in it.

jw.org

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

This world this universe will pass away and God will create a new Heaven and a New Earth

Revelation 21

All Things Made New

21 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John,[a] saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me,[b] “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

6 And He said to me, “It is done![c] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things,[d] and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[e] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

God's Word never contradicts itself if you find something you THINK is a contradiction.....you just don't have the whole story

• anon
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Jesus said this is the work, to believe on Him whom God has sent

Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”

Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have EVERLASTING life

Jesus said no more sickness, no more sorrow, no more death

so we don't age

• 7 years ago

Spiritual bodies don't get sick or grow old, and they would live in heaven, with God and the angels.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.