Why is the federal government trying to drive the cattle and dairy farms out of business in the US?

http://www.foodmanufacturing.com/news/2014/04/neb-...

I find this disturbing to say the least.

Obama has said cow flatulence will be taxed to the tune of $13,000 to $22,000 in fees per year for each operation. This will put them out of business.

The federal government is outlawing grazing on federal lands all over the Western states where it has been legal for hundreds of years using the excuse of endangered species ranging from turtles to wild horses which they protect and then kill.

The federal government is now going to stop breweries from giving their waste to cattle farmers which significantly cuts costs for both. Its very nutritious. and would have to be regulated like pet food or sent to landfills.

Pigs now have some disease wiping possibly wiping out pork. Chickens are now sent to China for processing and shipped back. Commercial fishing has also been curtailed in many areas. Does the federal government want to take away our food and leave us to eat only veggies and bugs? Yes, they have been studying bugs to eat.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/13/13...

This is what the communists do to the food supply. Look it up. Meat is a rarity is communist countries just as it will be here. Way too expensive for common people to eat. We'll get bugs.

• Golfer
    Best Answer

This is what I heard

From Cliven Bundy’s Daughter, This is the explanation of what is and has occurred!

Hi, I have had people ask me to explain my dad’s stance on this BLM fight. Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell.

My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the servival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars.

These rights to the land use is called preemptive rights. Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the bureau of land management. They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repaires and improvements of the ranches.

My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these money’s against the ranchers. They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they’re own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a penence he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren’t doing their job. He quit paying the BLM but, tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down.

So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes. In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business. Well when buying him out didn’t work, they used the indangered species card. You’ve already heard about the desert tortoise.

Well that didn’t work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years. Now their desperate. It’s come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff. Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the constitution of the United States of America.

Now you may be saying,” how sad, but what does this have to do with me?” Well, I’ll tell you. They will get rid of Cliven Bundy, the last man standing on the Bunkerville allotment and then they will close all the roads so no one can ever go on it again. Next, it’s Utah’s turn. Mark my words, Utah is next. Then there’s the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen. See even if dad hasn’t paid them, those cattle do belong to him.

Regardless where they are they are my fathers property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even exsisted. Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad’s signature on it. They think they can take them over two boarders, which is illegal, ask any trucker. Then they plan to take them to the Richfeild Aucion and sell them. All with our tax money. They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars. See how slick they are? Well, this is it in a nut shell. Thanks”

Shiree Bundy Cox

Now throw in that the government took land from poor blacks in the South because the land became prime with new golf courses, The government has become more dictating than serving.

• Farmers are only one percent of the population so that is not a very big voting block. Un-informed or low information voters are abundant, however you slice it those with the most money to manipulate the information flow will win unless everyone actually tries to find information on their own that is reliable. You can be sure that the farmers with their noses to the grindstone in work everyday have no time to spread propaganda so everyone just needs to try and think things through for themselves and search out un-biased information based on fact and not scare tactics.

• J M

It is the responsibility of government to secure the safety of the food supplies. Yet people die of food-borne illness all the time. Most meat in the US is raised on anti-biotics, and the prevalence of anti-biotic use is leading to disease resistent strains of bacteria, which enters the food supply. The government isn't making farmers do that, greed is why they are doing it. And that is where things like the pig disease come from. Disease resistent bacteria in an atmosphere of a lot of animals in very cramped quarters.

Farming isn't in danger, the danger is in massive, industrial farming which consistently puts unhealthy food into our food supply. American meat and produce is often unwelcome in other countries. Our farmers use genetically modified seed, and most of the rest of the world bans it.

I don't mind eating vegies and bugs if they are uncontaminated. You can't say the same of most of the produce and meat in your local supermarket. A great many small farmers are doing very well using traditional and safe farming methods.

If government were more proactive on topics like genetic modification, American farmers would have a lot more foreign markets to sell their food in.

As for grazing on public lands, it isn't outlawed, however farmers who do it pay for it, as they should. They are using a resource belonging to taxpayers to profit.

• random_man
      5 years agoReport

"The pig disease" PEDv, is not a bacteria, it is a virus. Sorry, but you're wrong. "Most of the rest of the world" does not ban GM crops.

• Daro

Central control of food production, One of the 10 planks of communism.

Why u think they pay farmers to keep production low?

U pay higher taxes just so u can pay higher food prices. Pretty Neat HUH?

• random_man
      5 years agoReport

No one is paying farmers to "keep production low". Farm productivity increases every year. Many crops are set to break records this year.

obama and libs

want to replace cattle and tobacco

with

pot plants

more people that are high, will vote for democrats

It has never been legal to graze on federal land without paying a fee, Sparky.

And read the article: It wants to require brewers to meet the same standards that livestock and pet food manufacturers must meet, which include sanitary handling procedures, record keeping and other food safety processes.

How DARE they enforce safe food handling processes!!!!!

• random_man
      5 years agoReport

The UN does not have jurisdiction over grazing in America. Sorry. You are correct that endangered species are a factor. That is because of the American Endangered Species Act.

They are pretty much controlling most everything now.

If they grab the food source. We are sunk as a Nation.

• 6 years agoReport

Not 'if'- it's 'when'.

It's something for politicians to do. Accomplishment, accomplishment! Look at all the goals politicians are accomplishing! Why shouldn't politicians force strict regulations on something that was perfectly fine before they decided to stick their nose in it? It's a nice campaign talking point- 'we can no longer stand for a criminally-undertaxed food industry!' I absolutely guarantee that any imposed regulations will have zero effect on stopping food-borne illnesses- I'm betting it will increase it.

They aren't, they just want the fees owed them, just like all the other ranchers pay that use government lands to graze on. I pay a fee to use the national parks. Why shouldn't he pay a fee to graze his cattle?

Nikki, you do know that these ranchers have been paying these fee for years. It not like they are just now starting to pay.

• They are stopping grazing altogether using endangered species as the excuse. The tortoise, wild horses, gophers, etc. This has been going on since 1993 putting many ranchers out of business. We get no benefit from those fees.

They want us all eating algae, apparently.

USDA inspected, of course.

These guys are masters at fixing things that aren't actually problems...they want to make the entire country over into California.