What does "tabling an event" mean?

Or what is a tabling event? Honestly, google has not helped me on this question. What does it mean to table an event or what is a tabling event?

I want to sign up for this service project and the title of the service project is called "Donor Program Tabling". What does that mean?

• BJ
    Favorite Answer

I have always looked at 'tabling' as putting off a discussion on something due to many things. It could be that perhaps not enough people are present, to give people time to come up with alternatives, the time allotted has run out, that we need to look into the problem further, further information is needed - something to postpone until a yet to be determined future date/time.

As far as the project you want to join it could also be any one of the above reasons - ironic that it would be postponed.

In the US, tabling something means postponing discussing it. In the UK and everywhere else English is used, it means bringing it to the table for discussion. So what it means depends where you are. I can't be sure what is meant by a project titled "Donor Program Tabling":

I'd ask the people running it.

• It means you are working at a table to bring attention to an event/cause/organization etc. It s a term that many public interest groups use to describe the job of asking "Hello, do you want to save the bees using just your signature?" Or in your case, bringing attention to the donor program.

Source(s): Personal Experience

Tabling means postpone. Like an agenda item at a meeting. Could be not enough information, not enough time to deal with it, or not the propert time, etc.

"tabling an event" :

'to postpone an event', or 'to present ideas for discussion at an event or meeting'.

• Beth

I thought that tabling something meant that it was being cancelled. What you are writing does not sound like cancellation, however. If tabling now has a new meaning, then I haven't learned it.