Which is the dumbest leftwing idea ever: 1) Universal Healthcare or 2) Guaranteed Basic Income?
The latest big trend in socialist stupidity is the idea of “guaranteed basic income.” Here’s how it’s supposed to work: the government pays you and every citizen a basic income every month, whether you work or not. The money to pay for this system is generated through taxation.
Switzerland recently voted on and rejected a similar proposal. The Swiss proposal would have given every adult citizen about US$2,800 per month.
- Liberal FascistLv 77 years agoFavorite Answer
The Liberal Agenda, there are so many.
•Attack American traditions, specifically Christian traditions and the traditional American family
• Portray moral rectitude and morality as irrelevant or as religious superstition and extremism while supporting radical deviant groups such as gays, PETA, NOW and abortionists.
• Repeal the 2nd Amendment.
• Repeal the 10th Amendment.
•Engage in "get-even" policies that support discrimination when it benefits historically disadvantaged groups
•Punish and/or discourage achievement through taxation and fiscal policies which promote the redistribution of wealth, growth of government and Federalism over state rights.
• Attacking basic rights of property and contract
•Use the rulings of the Judicial branch of the government as de facto law, irrevocable by anything short of Constitutional amendment or a future court ruling, thus bypassing the legislative process. Roe V. Wade is the most frequently cited example of "judicial activism". (48 million dead and counting)
•Weaken the military strength and morale of the country by vilifying the practice of armed combat and hesitating to use force when it appears necessary
•Use regulatory bodies over private enterprise to accomplish social goals and restrict competition (government, education, labor, health care, EPA)
•Establish secular and progressive social policy, including support for gay marriage, abortion, liberal drug policy, euthanasia and prostitution legalization.
•Implement a foreign policy supporting the selected protection of human rights and multiculturalism through activism, social intervention and violence (social anarchism)
• The removing of the individual as the ultimate economic, social and political unit and replacing with collectivism (Hillary Clintons Village)
•Support illegal immigration to undermine elections, produce generational dependants and promote diversity and dilution of the English language and secure a voting block to win national elections
• Create a culture of dependency through national social welfare programs resulting in a Nanny State and the subjugation of personal liberties including confiscation of guns, property, wealth and liberties in the name of social justice
• Limit individual liberty and the structure of law and order essential to it (soda ban)
• Secularize the population by attacking religion thus desensitizing moral resistance to freedom of thought
• Genocide by disintegration of political and social institutions such as marriage, the church and traditional family while supporting deviant degenerative behaviors.
• Demonize the ethics of self-reliance, courage, forbearance, resilience and self-determination criticizing individual success as excess (Blame the wealthy)
• Subjugation of our sovereign nation by treaties. (United Nations, European Union, Foreign Courts and illegal immigration)
• The deconstruction of American values through the promotion of multiculturalism and abdication of American sovereignty in favor of Globalization. (Cap and Tax, United Nations, Open Borders, Illegal Immigration and Gay Marriage)
• Restrict growth and economic development through extremist environmental activism, endless litigation and coercive actions of the EPA, USFS, BLM and DOE
• Punish competence, achievement, competition, excellence and discipline thus dumbing down the individual in an effort to claim equality (Affirmative Action, No score games)
• The expansion and control of state owned education to indoctrinate and force conformity to a liberal education system (Department of Education and teacher unions)
• The systematic indoctrination of students through an imposed oligarchy of the education system and the restriction of freedom of education to favored public institutions excluding religious and private institutions resulting in an extreme liberal bias in academics and journalism
• Destroy personal sovereignty and prevent strict limits on coercion by the state (Obamacare)
• Use the actions of lunatics and attempt to attach them to conservative opinions in an effort to gain the appearance of liberal superiority. Name calling using inappropriate terms like Fascism in an attempt to attach them to conservatives
• Create a revisionist history to justify warped political views and anti-Americanism
• Use the politics of "personal destruction", class warfare and accusations of racism and corruption to tear down any opposition
• Usurp Congressional authority by using federal regulatory agencies and executive orders to achieve their goals when they cannot get them through the legislative branch.
• Make up completely stupid stuff about conservatives that only dumb liberals would believe
• Believe that the government can tax and spend us into prosperity
• Create and environment of racial hostility labeling those that disagree with them as racists, homophobes, hillbillies, rednecks, xenophobes and trailer trash.
• Use the liberally biased press to legitimize their point of view and suffocate dissent.
- tonalc2Lv 77 years ago
So I'm guessing you think that the health care policy of EVERY OTHER industrialized nation in the world is a "dumb left wing idea;" and apparently it means they're socialist countries.
This is news! Tell the press!
- PaladinLv 77 years ago
Civil rights of plants
- tribeca_belleLv 77 years ago
Neither idea is dumb. What are you trying to say? The fact that you don’t agree with a particular progressive social policy is not grounds on which to declare it “dumb”…on the contrary.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Tom JoadLv 67 years ago
Actually both those ideas have been endorsed by many different people at different times. See thomas Paine and Milton Friedman
- Anonymous7 years ago
So those that work harder get more, and the very richest get less and you create a safe, sane and civil society?....OK...Where do I sign up?
- The TaxpayerLv 77 years ago
The ideas are not dumb; but the idea that government can provide them at the expense of the taxpayer is dumb, unfair, strictly politically motivated, yes.....racist.