Is Cliven Bundy a hero to people who don't like paying property taxes?

My family has lived on our land since 1973. We own the property and structures outright. Now, the government wants me to pay money just so I can continue living here.

THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS!!!

My rights are being oppressed... somehow... I'm sure of it.

Cliven Bundy is my hero. He invited 5,000 armed patriots to his property to fight against the evil oppressive Bureau of Land Management.

Can you guys stop by my place on your way home? I have a beef with the county appraisal district.

• Shilo
    Favorite Answer

He is a hero to the ignorant and careless.....and anyone ready to get out their guns for any anti-government cause. Forget the fact that he owes over 1 million dollars to the American people; that his cattle are grazing on protected public land and the endangered Mojave tortoise habitat is being destroyed by his selfishness..... throw in some lame, angry rallying call like "defending the constitution" and you've got some real trouble brewing out there.

Yes he's a hero. For those saying "go to Somalia" - how about if YOU love rules and oppression so much, why don't YOU go to North Korea?

And if you ask me, property taxes are part of the issue. If you pay taxes on your land, then you don't really own it - you're just renting it from the government. That being said, it sounds to me as if this Bundy guy is saying his family has owned and managed the land since before the taxes were instated.

As for endangered animals - guess what, the Bureau of Land Management is already turning other habitat for endangered animals into oil refineries and euthanizing a bunch of tortoises. Talk about hypocrisy.

I think, Bundy has a moral superiority in this case. Taxes should be payed, indeed.

But:

Status of these lands is questionable. They haven't been federal two decades ago.

Million for the grass growing in the wasteland? Seems ridiculous.

I think, banksters evading taxes is a much more serious issue. His ranch was actually producing something useful, unlike 'financial sphere'.

All that clownade with choppers and armed fed agents to shoot the cows ... and losing stadoff against a bunch of cowboys. Epic Fail.

• Big K

The government task force was outnumbered and lost control of the situation, this is a good step in the right direction. You liberals need to get used to the idea that if you really push people no amount of alphabet soup agencies and slanted news coverage will save you, it will help you make better decisions going forward. The 90's are over, no more Waco sieges.

Wow the home schooled brain damaged spawn of a sibling romp in the haystack are out in force today. I suspect they want their ammosexual friends to drop by and help fight off the landlord when comes to evict them from the trailer they failed to pay the rent on.

Welcome to the new and improved Totalitarian Police States of America. Right now the Sheriff is the most powerful individual in Clark County and he is hiding under his desk, the Governor and State Attorney General are scolding the feds but doing nothing. So much for sovereign statehood. Please remember this stuff on election day.

If you think that paying taxes is unfair, just go vacation in Somalia or Haiti

• Squid

If you think that paying taxes is unfair, just go vacation in Somalia or Haiti and you'll change your mind.

Property taxes are not the issue.

• I see you're unable to make a valid point of comparison - as always.