J&R Music World has closed. Any thoughts?

They were the last great record store in NYC. A favorite of mine for decades. Is anyone else going to miss them?

Favorite Answer

Apparently they close their store and still sell items on line. However they plan to re-open in 2015 with the Park Row redevelopment.

Below is a link from the owners.

FYI, I had purchased a Yamaha receiver and Blue Ray DVD player there and got a good price and their customer service is excellent.

I miss Tower Records, the old Carl Fischer music store downtown, Patelson's Music, Beethoven House, Colony Music, and the Stage Deli. Virgin Records in Times Square - eh, not so much. For what I do professionally in music, I can still find what i want, and can have top-level instruments shipped to me for trial - and there still are a couple of really fine dealers in NYC that I can get to (professional flutist - so Phil Unger, Jeff Weissman, etc.). Not everything that closes is really a loss - the nature of our society, business, and ARTS changes, and we have change or die - and STILL keep our quality and values.

• Abused

Meh, never though they were a great record store. Now if you want to know a great store, head down to Princeton.

http://www.prex.com/

I'm going to miss it. I hope to reopen soon, because they best place in town for bargains. Both for locals and visitors to this city.

Good luck

Source(s): native