What's the name of this marketing ploy?

A contractor came by the other day to give a quote to my landlord (I rent a room out of a house) on a central air conditioning unit, and was quoted $11,000 if the contract was signed that day because of the "special programs" in place, but it would be $19,000 if my landlord waited a couple days. I... show more A contractor came by the other day to give a quote to my landlord (I rent a room out of a house) on a central air conditioning unit, and was quoted $11,000 if the contract was signed that day because of the "special programs" in place, but it would be $19,000 if my landlord waited a couple days.

I naturally advised not to sign the contract, which he didn't anyway because he wanted to wait on a quote from Costco.

Now, I know car-dealers love to use this strategy, but what's it called? And would you do business with a company that employs such a strategy?