Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can I get a Professional Engineering License (PE) in a different field than my E.I.T?

I am going to be pursuing my Professional Engineering License soon. I have my Engineer In Training certification in Environmental Engineering. I really want to be a PE in Civil Engineering. Looking at the options on the NCEES website, I would like to pursue Civil: Water Resources and Environmental. Am i able to get my PE in something different than my EIT? Or would I have to get another EIT in Civil and work another 2 years?

1 Answer

  • C B
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    You may want to confirm with your state's board for professional engineers. The EIT is common for all disciplines. You can pursue registration as a civil engineer. Please note that in many states, the PE for environmental engineering is the civil PE. Also note that the exam may include separate exams for surveying and lateral force design.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.