When you say a man is unreconstructed, what does that mean?

And is it a term used more in the UK than America?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Prasad
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

not changing your attitudes or beliefs, though many people believe a change would be good

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/amer...

adjective: adhering to an attitude or position widely held to be outmoded

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/am...

• 7 years ago

The term is little used in the UK. It seems to be a "Hollywood" term, and usually means that the person adheres to unfashionable (old) ideas - for example someone who still adopts the attitudes that were acceptable in the 1950's or 1960's towards women at work ....

• 7 years ago

It's an American term meaning:-

1. Not reconciled to social, political, or economic change; maintaining outdated attitudes, beliefs, and practices.

2. Not reconciled to the outcome of the American Civil War.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

None of the above are correct in the sense that the term is meant today. A man who states he is unreconstructed is stating that he has not been 'reconstructed' by institutional and cultural feminist attempts to feminize him. You will see many men these day pushing prams. These a reconstructed males - taking on the mothers role, one that nature has not equipped him to do. This causes severe friction between the sexes, which I a goal of feminism, which is a functional mechanism of Marxism, the ideology created by Karl Marx to destroy what we call 'Western Civilization' so that Marx's kind and followers can institute their own tyrannical dystopia (see the Soviet Union, it's various satellites and their legacy of mass murder). It's a lot to take in. The only reason I am able to sum it up so succinctly is because I have studied the whole phenomenon. However, to end, many very wise men have said in eons past: when men grow weak, women try to fill the void, contributing to the downfall of the civilization or the nation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.