mary asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 6 years ago

I cant find the name of a movie?!?

I just cant seem to find the name of this movie! It is driving me crazy!

It has to have been made in the 1990s or the 2000s

It is about a girl who moved to a new town in Florida during the summer and it takes place around the time of the Cuban missile crisis.

In one scene when they are practicing how to duck and cover the girl gets angry and says that wont work and she starts saying what would really happen if they dropped a bomb and she gets escorted out of the class.

There's another sub plot where this movie director is premiering his film in the town, and he is known for making those cheesy scary movies. The movie is about a man who becomes a fly and eats people (Its a generic Black and white horror/thriller flick from that era) but he puts a twist in at the end where on the screen he gives the illusion that a bomb had jut been blown up in the distance, and it causes panic for all the people at the movie theatre. and the girl from before and a boy that has a crush on her run and lock themselves in a bomb shelter. They think they are probably going to be the only ones to survive and they are just about to kiss when someone opens the shelter and tells them it was all a hoax.

That is all I remember. Please help this has been bugging me FOREVER!

Favorite Answer

Matinee from 1993 with John Goodman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4CaxFU56iI

Youtube thumbnail

A showman introduces a small coastal town to a unique movie experience and capitalises on the Cuban Missile crisis hysteria with a kitschy horror extravaganza combining film effects, stage props and actors in rubber suits in this salute to the B-movie.

Blast from the Past (1999)

I'm not sure but it sounds right . . . with Brendan Fraser and Alicia Silverstone. It's a rom-com.

• Chris

Was it Blast from the Past?