Diane asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 6 years ago

Which was Henry Ford's primary goal in starting the Ford Motor Company?

A.to compete with the success of Thomas Edison's Invention Factory

B.to invent an internal combustion engine

C.to change the way factories of every kind operated

D.to build a motor car that ordinary people could afford

• RichB
    Favorite Answer

D was his primary goal. He had to change the way his own factory operated in order to achieve this, introducing assembly lines and other efficiencies which allowed him to manufacture cars much more quickly and cheaply than his competitors.

Ford also paid his workers a wage which was double that of his competitors, ensuring that the most highly skilled and motivated workers were attracted to work for him. Ford wanted to see hard workers rewarded with higher wages generally; his dream of mass car ownership would only be realised if the average Joe was paid enough to be able to buy his cars.

Ford Motor Company Goals

• Kathy

Of course it is D. " But it will be so low in price that no man making a good salary will be unable to own one – and enjoy with his family the blessing of hours of pleasure in God's great open space"

BTW, the cars were not produced in Model A, B C mode. It was random and the Model A came after the Model T.

E - to make himself extremely rich and successful.

It is not as if he woke up one morning and thought "gee,I wonder what I can do for the ordinary man today - I know,I can start a motor company devoted entirely to turning the automobile from a luxury toy for the rich into an affordable necessity for everyone"

Absurd.

It would seem to me that you could just as easily look up the correct answer for yourself, as post the question on this forum, thus not having to depend upon the accuracy and honesty of the unknown stranger that answers.

Furthermore, the answers to which you are able to find information on your own will have a much more profound impact on your education.

This forum was designed as an exchange of ideas, not a place to cheat at homework. The answers you seek are from a textbook or required reading material and not from amateurs such as are found here. Please refrain from posting any more homework questions here.

Good luck. I wish you well in life and your education.

e isnt henry ford its me lol

• tuffy

D.