Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 6 years ago

I Need a Good Detective Anime?

I'm looking for a detective anime, something that's like Death Note or Nuero: The Supernatural Detective (I don't know if I spelled that right or got that title at all).

I would like a little bit of supernatural in it, because it was in both of those and I loved those. I aslo want there to be comedy. I'm not all for murder scenes and things if there isn't a little bit of comedy in it, like Nuero.

That's about all. I'm not going to be too picky about it Thanks in advance.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Master Keaton

Mr. Keaton is unique among the characters on this list in more ways than we could cram into a single paragraph. (Not that that will stop us from trying.) In the first place he's neither a gifted amateur sleuth nor, in a strict sense, a police detective. Instead he's an elite insurance investigator for the internationally respected Lloyd's of London. As such he's sent all over the world, looking into assorted murders, suspect suicides, and kidnappings; and bringing the perpetrators to justice wherever they might be found. Keaton is unmatched as an investigator: whenever a "real" detective is assigned to the same case Keaton is working on, he'll invariably wind up looking like a cub scout with a toy magnifying glass in comparison to the master. But crime-solving is just one small sliver of Keaton the man. He can also survive in the desert, take down assassins, disarm bombs, and stop bulldozers with nothing more than soap and water. The array of skills and knowledge he brings to the table is unparalleled. Sure, Batman can solve crimes and put super-villains behind bars (at least until the next issue comes out). But can he catalog the artifacts from an archaeological dig, or come up with a groundbreaking new theory about the origins of civilization in Europe? Keaton is without question Anime's greatest detective and he's so much more besides.

2. Sherlock Hound

A character as renowned as Sherlock Holmes needs no introduction. But we still have 190 words to go in this entry, so he gets one anyway. The world-famous detective and his faithful sidekick Dr. Watson are, like all of the other inhabitants of this Victorian London, anthropomorphized canines. A wolfish, top-hatted Moriarty runs amok through the city, committing despicable crimes and dastardly deeds, and it's up to the (literally) foxy detective and his partner to put a stop to them. Okay, faithful to the source it isn't. But boy, is it loads of fun. The episodes are action-packed as well as ingeniously plotted mysteries, and steampunk vehicles provide an excuse for inventive and sometime hilarious chase sequences. Holmes zips around the city and countryside in an early steam-powered automobile, and you'll see a good-sized assortment of early flying machines by the time all's said and done. This was the last TV series that Hayao Miyazaki worked on before going into features full time. It's a wonderful farewell gift: warm, funny, exciting, and clever all at once.

3. Case Closed (Best one I love it, and it has comedy too. Not supernatural though.)

The boy detective has been a popular type throughout the twentieth century, and if you grew up on Nate the Great, Encyclopedia Brown and/or the Hardy Boys, then Case Closed will be right up your alley. It's a new wrinkle on that old standby. But this time, the boy detective isn't a boy, exactly: he's an older teen trapped in a boy's body by the unintended effects of a powerful experimental drug. As if he's going to let a little thing like that stop him from solving cases just like his hero, Sherlock Holmes. (He got his first name from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.) And there are cases aplenty. Conan follows the same old-fashioned, time-tested approach of his idol: fine-toothed comb investigation of the crime scene, interrogation of witnesses, perfect recall of seemingly irrelevant details, and a close knowledge of the criminal mind. At the same time, he makes use of decidedly new-fashioned gadgets cooked up for him by the local eccentric genius inventor. Just like its hero, everything about Case Closed seems to have two sides to it that somehow are just right for each other. There's an initially odd yet somewhat fitting contrast in the cartoony visual style of the art and the gruesomeness of the murders, or the situational comedy woven into perfectly (I could almost say classically) serious detective procedural. If your looking for a dependable source of whodunits in the traditional style, but with a modern flair, then Conan is the man or boy to give it to you.

4. Monster

There are a lot of brilliant detectives in fiction, but none of them have curdled my blood quite as much as Inspector Lunge of the BKA. Lunge isn't a bad man, according to his lights; he's just a very, very cold one. But that doesn't make him any less scary to the pursued. The pursued in this case is Dr. Tenma, an innocent man drawn into a web of Hitchcockian intrigue and suspense. On the one hand Tenma is faced with a diabolical menace behind a rash of serial killings in Germany. On the other he is wanted by the police for his supposed connection with the said killings. Lunge is the man who wants him and is determined to get him. His frighteningly perfect memory, his unnerving habit of tapping his fingers while others talk--"typing data onto his hard drive," he says--and his ruthless analysis of evidence make him an antagonist to be feared.

5. Heat Guy J

Being a special agent in the city state of Judoh isn't all it's cracked up to be. The hours are long, the paperwork is a chore, and you've got to take care of rogue androids, terrorists, gangsters, illegal aliens, even the city's own corrupt politicians; and you've got to do it all on three bullets a day. Fortunately for the people of Judoh, Daisuke Aurora is more than up to the task. He's got the street smarts, the sharp mind, the personal connections, and the combat training to deal with whatever comes his way. For an agent like Daisuke, it's not enough to just solve the crime: you've got to bring down the criminal. He fights crime more like a western marshal than a detective. He uses his fists, his gun, and his robot partner (what Bat Masterson wouldn't have given for one of those!). You can tell from the start of Heat Guy J that Daisuke is good at defending the peace. But when you see him match wits with an underworld mastermind bent on manipulating the commodities market, or uncover a conspiracy to overthrow the city government and then find a way to stop it, you know he's got a good head on his shoulders.

6. Astro Boy, Metropolis

No list of great detectives could be complete without a mention of one of the founding fathers of detectives in manga. Mustachio (I will refer to him by his most widely know English moniker) was one of the "stock" characters of the great Osamu Tezuka, and as such appeared in many of the great man's works. He is probably most identified with Astro Boy, where he works as Astro's teacher during the day and moonlights as a private detective. His rotund build and enormous walrus mustache mask a keen deductive mind that is often called upon to help Astro find out where the bad guys are headquartered, or to sniff out whatever mischief Skunk has been up to lately. Modern fans may know him best from the more recent Metropolis film, which finds him on a search for a missing person that leads to the discovery of a deadly conspiracy that lies at the heart of the world's greatest city. Regardless of where you met him, Mustachio is deserving of all the respect due to a pioneer.

7. Zodiac P.I.

By day, she's Lili, a normal (albeit hyperactive) high-school student: by night, she's Spica, a mysterious detective who solves crimes through the power of the stars. Zodiac P.I. is a spunky blend of mystery and astrological fortune-telling from the artist behind the popular Kitchen Princess manga. In addition to the usual roster of detective skills, Spica calls spirits of the Zodiac out of her starring to turn up clues vital to her investigations. The fun of this is that each of the star spirits has the personality traits associated with that sign, so Spica has to treat each one differently to get the information out of them. Then she has to put all of the pieces together. Her cases are fast-moving and often have a good twist or two somewhere inside them. Spica is one of the best detectives out there for the times you want a lighter-weight mystery story spiced up with comedic and supernatural elements.

Source(s): Hope it helped ^_^
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

Detective Academy Q is a really nice anime even though its quite unpopular. It has comic elements but no supernatural stuff.

Or you could try Detective Conan. I haven't watched it but people say some of the mysteries are too damn twisted, unlike Detective Academy Q.

• 6 years ago

Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle. Not really an detective anime but its very itneresting. The main guy found a armband of Oprheus which gives him the ability to think at max. He needs to solve mortal puzzles made by his enemies and its very cool you should watch it even if its not with detectives.

• 6 years ago

I love Detective Academy Q, but it doesn't have any supernatural in it!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Try this. but this doesn't have supernatural. so sorry.

- Kami-sama no memochou

- Hyouka

• 6 years ago

Shinrei tantei yakumo

• 6 years ago

DETECTIVE CONAN!!! MY FAV!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.