Great acting/controlling ur unconsciousness?

So if you search "great acting" in google a list with these names will appear (Robert De Niro , Marlon Brando , Stella Alder , Al Pacino , Constantin Stanislavski ,Daniel Day Lewis , Jack Nickolson , Laurence Olivier , Dustin Hofman , Sanford Meisner , Antony Hopkins ,Philip Seymour Hoffman , Meryl Streep... show more So if you search "great acting" in google a list with these names will appear (Robert De Niro , Marlon Brando , Stella Alder , Al Pacino , Constantin Stanislavski ,Daniel Day Lewis , Jack Nickolson , Laurence Olivier , Dustin Hofman , Sanford Meisner , Antony Hopkins ,Philip Seymour Hoffman , Meryl Streep , Heath Ledger , Tom Hanks , Leonardo Dicaprio ,Lee Strasberg , Jack Lemmon ,Paul Newman ,Geoffrey Rush) Of course those are just some great actors but there are a lot of others and one of them is Vivien Leigh who's one of my favorite actresses . I've been wondering though , what is the quality that makes a great actor great . I mean if you had to explain to a child what great acting is what would you say? That acting is pretending realistically that you are someone else . But let me ask you here , if based in scientific proofs a human cannot control his unconsciousness how this actors portrayed with such convenience this characters ? How did they worked with themselves . You can't just sit down, think that you are someone else and become that person so easily , you need a process and if that is something that you get with training how can some actors do it so naturally like Jennifer Lawrence ?
1 answer 1