Deep love and romance like Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi?

Hello everyone.

I'm looking for books with characters similiar to Aaron Warner from Shatter Me/Destroy Me/Unravel Me/Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi. I love his dark personality and the way he's consumed with love for Juliette... he seems to be such a bad guy in the beginning, and even though he is bad in some ways, his love for Juliette makes him a better person and they make each other happy. + he's not evil (I'm not looking for evil or psychopathic men who take women hostage etc.)

Another thing I really DON'T want in stories is where the couple gets pregnant... I've read too many books that started out decent enough, but then soon after they fall in love or while they fall in love, the woman always gets a little sick so she takes some pills, but then forgets or doesn't even know that taking other types of pills can mess with those pills that keep her from getting pregnant... it's so ******* dumb and annoying... so please exclude that when/if you can give me some suggestions.

Another example of a male character would be Gideon Cross from the Crossfire novels. But no Twilight or Fifty Shades...

and I have read Beautiful Disaster/Walking Disaster btw...

Basically I just look for some young, but deep "can't live without each other love", where they protect one another and make the other feel safe and loved and happy.

Best Answer

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover if you enjoy Contemporary.

If you actually enjoyed Beautiful Disaster you could try some of Abbi Glines novels.

You could try reading The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin or The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson.(Both of these have a somewhat fierce love. Fire and Thorns has a guy that technically "kidnaps" the girl in the first book but its not hostage situation, its for a bigger cause an they want her help).

The Matched Series by Ally Condie, maybe.

Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas? The guy is technically "bad" in the beginning in her mind.

Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker(has a really good message/moral. but it might be a tad "mushy" for some peoples taste)

House of Night series by P.C. and Kristen Cast if you want a YA supernatural series...thats extremely long.

Healer series by Maria V. Snyder.

Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz.

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick.

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

I can't be positive you'll like them at all, but they all gave me a sense of intense love from the guys.

Hush Hush all the way! it has so much romance and stuff, just like shatter me, but I suppose not as detailed when the romance part comes. but yeah, romance, and drama. it has a really great ending, and I think there are bonus books! >:) have fun

While it's true that some t.v. programs are better at informing and portraying than catalogs, books in themselves are an escape. I would have a book over t individually.v.

• Cody

Television ruins your mind and enables you to bad in university hmmm and reading is interesting and makes you smarter