Why would I be unable to find certain seasons of TV shows on DVD?

I don't understand this. For example there is a show on National Geographic called Drugs INC. You can buy the DVD of season 2 and season 3 but not season 1 for some reason. I was also trying to buy a show called ghost adventures which goes up to 11 seasons but I'm only finding up to season 5 on DVD. I'm starting to get frustrated and I don't understand why this would be. Why can I find certain seasons only available for purchase? I've looked everywhere. Does anyone have any idea why this would be?

• Rose D
    Best Answer

The most common issue is rights to things like music or TV/movie clips used in episodes. Even today, sometimes they only get broadcast rights to these things, and that doesn't cover the DVD release. So they either have to pay more for the rights or substitute something else, and both options cost money. Sometimes they figure it's not worth the investment.