Geography help please?
Please answer these-
1)An archipelago is a narrow strip of land connecting two larger landmasses. True or False.
2)Indigo is the source for the beautiful color known as “Mayan Blue." True or False.
3) Most Central American volcanoes are located along a stretch known as the Ring of Fire. True or False.
4)What is the definition for isthmus?
a. Long, but narrow, topographical depression
b. Formed by sediment from plant and animal remains
c. Narrow strip of land connecting two landmasses
d. Group of islands
5)Which of the following items was used as a meat tenderizer and also eaten?
a. Cacao beans
6)Which of the following items is the main ingredient in salsa verde?
d. Green chile
7)Why is Mexico and parts of Central America prone to earthquakes?
a. There is no clear reason why the area is prone to earthquakes.
b. The building codes are old and outdated.
c. The soil is soft and easily moved.
d. The region lies on the border of two tectonic plates.
8)What are the results of wave action?
a. improves groundfishing conditions
b. causes beach erosion and changes the coastline
c. brings more tourists to the region
d. creates a murky atmosphere
9) Where are most of the rainforests found?
a. Volcanic highlands
c. near urban centers
d. close to savannas
Also this one-
10)What are the potential impacts of climate change on Central America?
a. increase rates of skin cancer on indigenous people
b. intensify droughts and hurricanes in the region
c. reduce access to good land for agriculture
d. improve federal money for climate change research
- YogiLv 67 years ago
1) F isthmus
2) T but it is one of two sources (unique chemical bond between indigo and palygorskite)
3) T runs down the Pacific coast side
4) c. Narrow strip of land connecting two landmasses
5) b. Pineapple
6) b. Tomatillo
7) d. The region lies on the border of two tectonic plates - Caribbean plate and Cocos plate
8) b. causes beach erosion and changes the coastline - waves is one of the most significant forces of
9) d. close to savannas - tropical savanna usually found both north and south of rainforests
10) b. intensify droughts and hurricanes in the region - which in turn would affect c) the agriculture - not 100% sure on this one but my pick of the 4 would be b.
Used many different sources to answer all of your questions
- SkookumLv 77 years ago
You get one question. See Community Guidelines. But come on, if you can't answer a question like #8, then you haven't given any of this any thought whatsoever.
For your one question, I'll help you with #3. It's True.
Definitions like "archipelago" and "isthmus" would be easier to google rather than type out the entire question!
At least I got a laugh... Salsa ingredients?? You thought that was a geography question!!!.
- Anonymous5 years ago
So what your saying is that you are ruled by your dick I thought you were ruled by a beautiful lady who's name I will keep private. lol ♥ OMG!! I'm like Yugoslavia!! rotfl ♥
- poornakumar bLv 77 years ago
Do your home work