Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 years ago

Should Washington DC be a new state or be given back to Maryland?

It has a City Council (famous for bad decision and poor management), but Congress has the last say on everything in the District.

What's the point? Why not let Maryland have Washington back. They could use the property and sales tax money.

Favorite Answer

I think you're right. One of our most basic principles is that everyone has the same rights of citizenship. We don't have 'second class citizenship'. To me, that means that citizens of DC ought to have exactly the same rights as everyone else, including representation in both houses of Congress.

I would say it doesn't matter if they're called a state or not. But then a court ruled against 'domestic partnership' because it couldn't be equivalent to marriage unless you called it marriage!

So how do you deal with two states named Washington? 8^)

Didn't the land originally come from both Maryland and Virginia? Seem to remember that. Could be wrong.

DC is split between Maryland and Virginia. The politicians live on the Virginia side, and everything on the Maryland side is a mess.

I'd like to see California broken up into six states. We would have 55 states if that were the case. 51 just doesn't sound as nice as a solid 55.

Source(s): ~Aizen

I think we should add five more States and District of Columbia be the first, called Columbia. The other four are in the Caribbean. If we want to be really adventurous, why not annex Cuba. Do you think they will object?

I can say this with no doubt dc property management is very important and helpful. Their team of skilled professionals work closely with each client. For more information visit source box link.

It is one of the 57 states.