I'm going to a midnight premiere of a movie, should I get there really early or no?

On Thursday April 3rd, I want to go see the showing of Captain America: The Winter Soldier and it starts at 8:15 pm, it's the only showing the day before it's out everywhere (April 4) & I just wanna know if my friends and I should show up earlier than 'normal' I guess. Normally I go to a movie 20-30 minutes before it starts like the commercials not the actual movie. So should I show up like 2 hours earlier or something cause that's what some of my friends think. Should we buy the tickets really early and go there anytime or ..? I'd really like some opinion in this. (My first midnight showing!) thanks so much! Oh and the theater normally has a lot of people there and I like to get good seats. (There will be three of us)

Getting there early, especially to a popular movie is always a must if it is a popular theatre. There are commonly lines that form and you could get a bad seat or even a later showing than the ticket you bought.

Source(s): Much experience with midnight premiers

That's a good idea Phoebe