What fiction books would you recommend?

I just finished reading the Divergent trilogy. I've already read The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Hush Hush Saga, The Mortal Instruments, Vampire Academy, John Green's books... etc. what would you recommend? Just want to read some more fiction/romance books. Thank you in advance!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Wauw as a fellow fantasy bookworm I fully understand your dilemma. :) from your reading selection I'm guessing you're a major YA fan so i would probably recommend something like Kristen Cashores books, Graceling, Fire and Bitterblue. The tree books aren't directly related to each other but they are all set in the same world, and the last book binds the two together. All awesome reads really.

Otherwise if you really enjoyed The mortal instruments, you should try "the infernal devises" also by Casandre Clare. More shadowhunter heartbreak (and really hot guys.)

If you're following the mortal instruments series you'll want to read these books, as characters will appear and play major roles in the upcoming book (city of heavenly fire). Magnus for one is important character in both series.

Also Jay Kristoff's books, the first one called "Stormdancer" and the second "Kinslayer". It's pretty much Japanese steampunk mixed in with flying Thundertigers, nasty Bloodlotus and a kick *** female lead, all in all a really enjoyable read.

If you're up for something a little heavier I can only recommend Patrick Rothfuss' series "the kingkiller chronicle" which is my favorite series to date. Awesome characters, settings, magic system, and most of all beautiful writing from the authors side. Truly enthralling.

I have more, but it'll lean to the heavy side of the fantasy genre, (The kingkiller chronicle also leans towards this end) and from your selection I'm not sure if thats what you're looking for. But other good series would be:

Age of the five (or anything by Trudi Canaven ) (this particular series has lots of romance, but the story is slow-paced, os if you aren't a patient reader, this isn't for you.)

Paul Hoffman's "left had of god" "the Last four things" and "the Beatings of his wings". A very ironic and suspenseful series, lots of blood, gore and violence mixed with incredibly complicated and realistic characters. Romance… well its definitely there, but its also accompanied by betrayals, misunderstandings, and cruel twists of fate.

Eragon by Paolini ( honestly this series gets pretty slow-paced in the third book but it has dragons so…) Romance wise it's decent and not too cliché; love between Man and Elf (or whatever Eragon turns into and Elf). You might know the series from the awful movie that was made a few years back, but the books are nothing like that train-wreak of an adaption.

The night Angel Trilogy by Brent weeks. (this series has it all; mad kings, twisted street urchins, romance, drama, bad *** chicks, mysterious assassins (oh sorry wetboys) with mind-blowing pasts, and, most

importantly, a very fast paced plotline to keep you breathless). The romance in these boos are pretty prominent but it'll take a little time for it to really get going, because the series span over a couple of years.

And lastly Anyhing by Brandon Sanderson. (he's a big shoot on the fantasy world, and for good reasons)

All of the books i've mentioned plays with the element of romance, although some more than others. I hope this was helpful :)

Source(s): Lots and Lots of time spent reading :)
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

The Godfather

• 6 years ago

You can try Wondrous Strange (it's a trilogy), or God Breaker, or Beautiful Creatures (I have never read it, just heard peolpe talking about it), or Reckless, by Cornelia Funke :)

• 6 years ago

That Summer -- Sarah Dessen

Someone Like You -- Sarah Dessen

Keeping the Moon -- Sarah Dessen

Dreamland -- Sarah Dessen

This Lullaby -- Sarah Dessen

The Truth About Forever -- Sarah Dessen

Just Listen -- Sarah Dessen

Lock and Key -- Sarah Dessen

Along for the Ride -- Sarah Dessen

What Happened to Goodbye -- Sarah Dessen

The Moon and More -- Sarah Dessen

If I Stay -- Gayle Forman

Where She Went -- Gayle Forman

Just One Day -- Gayle Forman

Just One Year -- Gayle Forman

My Life Next Door -- Huntley Fitzpatrick

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour -- Morgan Matson

Second Chance Summer -- Morgan Matson

Boy Meets Boy -- David Levithan

The Realm of Possibility -- David Levithan

Are We There Yet? -- David Levithan

Marly's Ghost -- David Levithan

Wide Awake -- David Levithan

How They Met, and Other Stories -- David Levithan

Love Is the Higher Law -- David Levithan

Every You, Every Me -- David Levithan

Every Day -- David Levithan

Two Boys Kissing -- David Levithan

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist -- Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

Naomi & Ely's No Kiss List -- Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares -- Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

Invisibility -- Andrea Cremer & David Levithan

Will Grayson, Will Grayson -- John Green & David Levithan

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Divergent, by Veronica Roth

The Selection, by Kiera Cass

Delirium, by Lauren Oliver

The Iron Fey, by Julie Kagawa

The Immortal Rules, by Julie Kagawa

All Our Yesterdays, by Cristin Terrill

Matched, by Ally Condie

Switched, by Amanda Hocking

Unearthly, by Cynthia Hand

Everneath, by Brodi Ashton

The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf, by Ambelin Kwaymullina

The Adoration of Jenna Fox, by Mary, E. Pearson

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, by Michelle Hodkin

The Goddess Test, by Aimee Carter

Pawn, by Aimee Carter

I Am Number Four, by Pittacus Lore

Hex Hall, by Rachel Hawkins

Spellbound, by Cara Lynn Schultz

Beautiful Creatures, by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Legend, by Marie Lu

Firelight, by Sophie Jordan

Unwind, by Neal Shusterman

Ultraviolet, by R.J. Anderson

Shiver, by Maggie Stiefvater

The Raven Boys, by Maggie Stiefvater

Under the Never Sky, by Veronica Rossi

Let the Sky Fall, by Shannon Messenger

Obsidian, by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Storm, by Brigid Kemmerer

Mila 2.0, by Debra Driza

Unravelling, by Elizabeth Norris

Shatter Me, by Tahereh Mafi

Wicked Lovely, by Melissa Marr

Wither, by Lauren DeStefano

Born at Midnight, by C. C. Hunter

The Host, by Stephenie Meyer

Uglies, by Scott Westerfield

Poison Princess, by Kresley Cole

Pivot Point, by Kasie West

Paranormalcy, by Kiersten White

The Chaos of Stars, by Kiersten White

Mind Games, by Kiersten White

Hope that helps.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.