Can having teeth removed for braces ruin my face?

According to my orthodontist I have severe crowding. I'm 22 so I finally got the motivation and money to get Invisalign. When my wisdom teeth came in, it made the crowding worse. I got my wisdom teeth out recently, but my oral surgeon said they might have to take teeth out as well as my orthodontist. I picked... show more According to my orthodontist I have severe crowding. I'm 22 so I finally got the motivation and money to get Invisalign.

When my wisdom teeth came in, it made the crowding worse. I got my wisdom teeth out recently, but my oral surgeon said they might have to take teeth out as well as my orthodontist. I picked this orthodontist because he's had the most experience with Invisalign in my area, and people I know that have gone to him had great results and he's well known from towns 45-50 minutes away. No bad online reviews either.

Of course I thought nothing of have teeth pulled to make room, but then I read articles online how it can ruin your facial profile. So I want to know how many people had teeth taken out to straighten them and the result. Did it change your facial profile for the WORSE? But for severe crowding wouldn't it be for the best in my case?