atheists: how would you explain the big impact jews have in the world?

look at all the famous jewish people:

einstein

stephen fry

woody allen

simon cowell

ed miliband

michael howard

nigella lawson

christopher hitchens

papa john(99% certain he is jewish)

michael bloomburg

benjamin disraeli

karl marx

mark zuckerberg

steven speilberg

daniel radcliffe

sigmund freud

sacha baron cohen

warner bros

to name but a few

what makes jews more likely to be famous than chinese people or nigerians for example? why are there more famous jews than atheists?

it seems that most famous atheists have jewish blood, i do not know of many famous non jewish atheists

Favorite Answer

so you couldn't even name 100 out of Millions and Millions?

Not MUCH of an Impact,,is it,,,LOL!!

• Tomp

Makes you think how many brilliant people were murdered by the Nazi scum of the Earth over 70 years ago.

But if you are trying to use this as an argument for theism, forget it. It's a cultural thing, not a religious one. Besides, the Jews are brought up to question their faith, not to adhere blindly to it (a predisposition usually held by people who are easy to indoctrinate). It might also explain why over 54% of Jews globally do not consider themselves religious.

• giles

Because there have been more Jews than Atheists over history. For thousands of years being an atheist was an automatic death sentence.

It's not that difficult to understand.

• ?

You do realize that a bunch of those people are atheists (self declared at that).

As for your question, I don't know. I'm not sure if your statement is even true.

edit: Ok, I spot checked a few that I didn't know, and they were all atheists, too...

I think I see what you did there.

• I don't know if I'd be bragging about Karl Marx or Hitchens, but I have great respect for the Jewish people. They are quite a marvelous people if you think about it.

• ?

They're really the Master Race. Ironic, isn't it?

You do realize its not on belief idiot, its on their popaconcious attitude and their way to have a strong impact on those around them, and their inspiring ways, i dont get what belief has to do with it if they want to be evangel thats their choice

Hasidic jews have won more nobel prizes than any other group - approaching 30% (from memory)

• Donna

Bill Gates?

Some people have a lot of influence. That does not mean that supernatural beings are real. How are you making that connection? Certainly you are not using logic.