Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

atheists: how would you explain the big impact jews have in the world?

look at all the famous jewish people:

einstein

stephen fry

woody allen

simon cowell

ed miliband

michael howard

nigella lawson

christopher hitchens

papa john(99% certain he is jewish)

michael bloomburg

benjamin disraeli

karl marx

mark zuckerberg

steven speilberg

daniel radcliffe

sigmund freud

sacha baron cohen

warner bros

to name but a few

what makes jews more likely to be famous than chinese people or nigerians for example? why are there more famous jews than atheists?

Update:

it seems that most famous atheists have jewish blood, i do not know of many famous non jewish atheists

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

so you couldn't even name 100 out of Millions and Millions?

Not MUCH of an Impact,,is it,,,LOL!!

• Tomp
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Makes you think how many brilliant people were murdered by the Nazi scum of the Earth over 70 years ago.

But if you are trying to use this as an argument for theism, forget it. It's a cultural thing, not a religious one. Besides, the Jews are brought up to question their faith, not to adhere blindly to it (a predisposition usually held by people who are easy to indoctrinate). It might also explain why over 54% of Jews globally do not consider themselves religious.

• giles
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Because there have been more Jews than Atheists over history. For thousands of years being an atheist was an automatic death sentence.

It's not that difficult to understand.

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

You do realize that a bunch of those people are atheists (self declared at that).

As for your question, I don't know. I'm not sure if your statement is even true.

edit: Ok, I spot checked a few that I didn't know, and they were all atheists, too...

I think I see what you did there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I don't know if I'd be bragging about Karl Marx or Hitchens, but I have great respect for the Jewish people. They are quite a marvelous people if you think about it.

• ?
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

They're really the Master Race. Ironic, isn't it?

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

You do realize its not on belief idiot, its on their popaconcious attitude and their way to have a strong impact on those around them, and their inspiring ways, i dont get what belief has to do with it if they want to be evangel thats their choice

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Hasidic jews have won more nobel prizes than any other group - approaching 30% (from memory)

• Donna
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Bill Gates?

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Some people have a lot of influence. That does not mean that supernatural beings are real. How are you making that connection? Certainly you are not using logic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.