chris
Lv 4
chris asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 7 years ago

Democrat, Harry Reid under investagation, what ?

Accepting bribes.

Just heard it on the radio.

What say you ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

WASHINGTON — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid sent nearly $17,000 in campaign funds to his granddaughter, and disclosed their relationship only under pressure from the Federal Election Commission, it was reported Wednesday.

The checks went to “Ryan Elisabeth” — but Reid’s office didn’t initially disclose that the recipient was Ryan Elisabeth Reid, the 23-year-old daughter of his son, Rory.

When first contacted by Las Vegas journalist Jon Ralston, Reid’s office said Ryan Elisabeth was a campaign vendor — without acknowledging she was Reid’s granddaughter.

Reid’s aides later said the payments were for purchases from her Berkeley, Calif., jewelry business and that the items went to campaign donors.

The FEC wrote the Nevada Democrat’s campaign last week reminding him that campaign disbursements “must include a brief statement or description” of why they were made and seeking clarification. It said a failure to adequately respond by late April “could result in an audit or enforcement action.”

Reid has served in the Senate since 1987, is a lawyer and isn’t up for re-election until 2016.

FEC regulations allow only for the purchase of gifts of “nominal value” for occasions like holidays, graduation or marriage.

If given to a member of a lawmaker’s family, gifts are considered as personal use — and aren’t allowed.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Now taxpayers are going to have to build more prisons to hold the Democrats getting caught stealing from the drippings of campaign funds and Federal Treasury.

They won't all fit in Gitmo.

• Jay
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I'm not defending Reid, but it looks like this news hasn't made it past your radio (you never said what city/station this was).

I did checking of various news sites (including FoxNews) and haven't seen anything about this.

What I did find is that he accepted contributions from companies suspected of bribing foreign officials. And that he gave money to his daughter.

But nothing about him accepting bribes.

When you get more information, come back and share.

• 7 years ago

I also heard a recording of Reid from 1994 saying the exact same things about immigration as the Republicans are saying now. Reid is not a principled politician. He changes with the tide. It sounds like the Repubs are beginning to fight fire with fire. About time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

What say I?

What took so long? This guy has known to be corrupt for years.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

If its true then he should be punished but were a long way from that now as I haven`t heard it anyway and cons do tend to stretch the truth a lot

Source(s): Con artists lie that`s a fact
  • 7 years ago

Who ever said that better prove it. If it was Limbaugh, he will be hit with a lawsuit bigger than the GDP of Italy.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

sure. If there is any reason that he is suspected, an investigation should be done. If nothing is found, will there be an apology?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.