Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 years ago

Is it true that Liberals help the poor the most, as some here claim?

--conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household (while on avg making 6% less income)

-- Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood.

-- Residents of the states that voted for John Kerry in 2004 gave smaller percentages of their incomes to charity than did residents of states that voted for George Bush.

-- Bush carried 24 of the 25 states where charitable giving was above average.

-- In the 10 reddest states, in which Bush got more than 60 percent majorities, the average percentage of personal income donated to charity was 3.5. Residents of the bluest states, which gave Bush less than 40 percent, donated just 1.9 percent.

******* People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition. *****

Brooks demonstrates a correlation between charitable behavior and "the values that lie beneath" liberal and conservative labels. Two influences on charitable behavior are religion and attitudes about the proper role of government.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/03/...

Fight the Power

I just want to call attention to your responses

• David
    Favorite Answer

It is AMAZING that you can post the facts on who gives most to the poor and the stupidass liberals still rant on and talk their idiotic BS. AMAZING, prove them wrong and they still will not get off of their liberal talking points they pick up on MSNBC. Some of the liberals on here obviously are not intelligent enough and respond like FIGHT THE POWER, with childish and immature name calling, or SUMMERTIME who just simply blocks anybody that can refute and debate her stupidity. These are typical of liberal responses and this is why we have got to vote these un-American unpatriotic pieces of schitt out in November and beyond, and never forget how they have completely fukkkked up this govt. this country and our culture, it will take years to repair the damage they have done.

• John

I'm an independent, but lean right. I give about 2500 a year to the church (Catholic). I'm a Freemason, so I am always giving to our many charities, and I give 500 a year to the Masonic Home (old folks home). At Christmas I buy toys for "toys for tots", and give to the food pantry. We give 500 a year to my wives college. I give yearly to Arbor Day (trees), and plant trees in the city.

On the other hand, I do everything possible to avoid taxes. It is better to have your money in an IRA, than with the IRS.

EDIT: I wanted to add. I believe in giving to small, and local charities. I live in a middle class, steel mill, town. I would bend over backward to help a local family, or a fallen brother. It bothers me to see on the news, inner city people lined up for free school supplies, or free toys. The parents don't even try because it is a free entitlement, that comes out of thin air.

We own a house down the block that I picked up for nothing. My mortgage on it was $200 month. (I only needed a 20k loan). My son now lives in it, but while I was fixing it up we let a single mother from our church stay there for free, just to have someone in it, and to maintain the lawn and utilities. Rent on a similar home in the area is about a grand +. They stayed about 6 months, and it was a win/win for us both.

The point is I like to help people, not have my money taken, and given to people I don't even know when I have friends in need. I may need help someday.

Liberals Call on PCs and NDP to Stop Stalling Tax Cut for Small Businesses *PCs and NDP block two motions that would fast-track the Supporting SmallBusinesses Act* , “If passed, this legislation will help create jobs by cutting taxes formore than 60,000 Ontario small businesses,” said Fraser.

Isnt good for the people ???

Read more at http://www.theasianconnectionsnewspaper.com/stop-s...

• y

Nope, libs talk a good game but their leaders, get rich off of these failed programs that are supposedly helping the people. Two of the best examples of how this works are Sharpton and the stimulus. Sharpton, the liar who has gotten rich off of his own people while spreading the hate and holding them back. The stimulus which ended up lining the pockets of union leaders and bankers pockets.

The cheapest tippers I've ever known, BY FAR, have been my "liberal" friends. And when called on it, they're like "Whaaaa!?!" No f'ing clue how waiters and waitresses make their livings. And this is in the People's Republic of Berkeley, Center of the Known Universe for All Liberal Feelings.

If Republicans would stop giving all the money to the rich they too will be helping the poor. So it is true. The difference in the two parties on this subject is you view it as a crutch to help, The Democrats see it as basically bailing you out of some of the grieve you stand to gain from all your failed policies. We are trying to maintain some peace by helping you. Its not working out much though because you guys have gone darn near off the grid with no sensibility.

• again, you confuse gov. defined CHARITY with giving to the poor...

that huge big church that was built that cost 100 million... is that giving to the poor? it is in your numbers...

• EIEIO

There is nothing like loafing and mooching off the government to have a wonderful life. Liberals do a real service.

Yes like a drug dealer "helps" a junky become addicted (to entitlements)

• Of course not.

The AUTHORS of liberal policy openly said their purpose is to propagate poverty, not to mitigate it.