juan asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 7 years ago

mental stability help!?

hello everybody,

im currently an adolesent and i fully understand the whole emotions are unpredictable thing, but i really need help stabalizing them. some mornings i wake up feeling very optimistic and others days i wake up feeling very desolate. i find this very annoying because depending on how i wake up that morning will affect my entire day/thinking mindset etc.. i think it is dopemine or seretonoin that help to make oneself feel happy. so what im asking today is if anybody can help me find out ways to feeling optimistic every morning or increaseing seretonin/dopemine levels so i can feel happy and help people

thank you i hope you have a great day :)

haha wow man you wasted your time. you aint getting the best answer points sucka

Favorite Answer

“Mental stability”

I practice body and mind observation for four years. It observes our body and mind movement during our regular life time. I personally have a lot better mental stability now; compare it to my mental stability four years ago.

The practice is very simple; it just observes the body and mind movements that we have the ability to observe. It tries not to add bias, subjective judgments or the value judgment when we sense anything (eye, ear, nose, tongue, body and mind). Whenever there is something need to be handled, face it and solve the matter by our best effort. The practices try to make the person used to handle thing without any bias, subjective judgments, or the value judgment. And finally become someone, who will not handle anything with emotion, but still finished daily jobs. The observation ability will be enhanced month by month.

“so i can feel happy and help people”

Yes, anyone who practice and know how to observe the body and mind. He/she will feel joy, and he/she can teach the other to have the same ability and let everyone in the world feel joy.

I like the body and mind observation, it brings the peaceful mind for me. And it helps me observe the process of emotion. After I can observe the mind movement, a lot of trouble or mistake that I had before, it’s happened less or not happened anymore.

There are two key points to keep in mind when we live our daily life:

1. Any messages released from our brain are for our reference only. Don’t be affected by the messages. If someone can reach to this level all the time, he/she don’t need to read the second key point, he/she actually will not be affected by anything and will not have any emotions when he/she handle the daily life.

2. Since we are still be affected by the messages released from our brain, when we realize we were in the situation. Whenever we found out the situation happened, keep the mind calm and don’t be affected by the messages from then on. Accept the fact that we are not having the good ability yet. Let the time move and when our ability get stronger, we will be affected less or don’t even be affected.

The following is the sharing of my experience with the body and mind observation. It’s pretty long, if you have time, please continue read:

In our life time we experience various things, and if it's worth referencing in our future, they're stored in the brain; the more chances it's released from the brain the more profound it becomes.

The messages released from our brain, is just for our reference, it's for us to use, not for us to worry.

Whenever we're faced with the brain to release unhappy messages, to know that this message appeared, if it's something that we have to face, just face it and solve it, does not exclude nor resist it, over the time, the effect of these messages will become lighter.

Rejection, resistance, etc. will only deepened the strength of these messages in the brain, and become more affecting on our life.

These informational messages, are just for the purpose of helping us, put down the messages which don't have reference value. Knowing the messages released from the brain are for reference only is important. People should never be worried or suffered by the messages released from the brain. Realize this is a reference message that we either use it or just put it down. If we cannot fulfill this simple rule, then we are exactly used by the body and mind.

The way to build the inner peace is by training itself observe its own body and mind, aware any body and mind movement. So, he know its own intention, whenever the mind move, he know. He knows it, but not affected by these messages. Using the body and mind means not driven by the body and mind. Used by the body and mind is someone don't know what's going on and do whatever released from the brain, he don't know that he actually act as slave of body and mind.

Familiarity with body and mind observation is the most important preparation procedure for getting a good future for our lives. Do not cling to body and mind; do not worry because of the body and mind.

By the awareness of the sensing system (body, eyes, ears, brain ...), people will practice their inner-aware. In general, it’s started from the body sensing system. The in-breath and out-breath will cause the air flow through some respiratory system (nose). To aware this is exactly like we aware “when I blow air into my palm, the skin has sensing element to feel it”. Going through long term training, people will have the ability to sense any body-related touch. It will help us find out any phenomena to cause our face turn red or body thrilling. This kind of practice will also help us have the foundation to aware our feeling. By the long term training of feeling awareness, people will have the ability to sense any feeling related phenomena. It will help us to detect any light nervous or unease. By having this ability, people will be able to know their mood actually is caused by their thought. Going through more long term training, people will have the ability to sense their mind movement.

We are so used to be affected by the brain messages. When we affected by any messages, what should I do? Should I worry, or be afraid of its occurrence?

We should learn to respect that all facts exist in this world have their conditions and reasons to make existence or experiences occur. Anything happened in the real world, there is reasons and conditions behind it. For example, when I react on something, in general, my brain collect my pass experiences, went through thinking process, and made the final decision with act. All these “my pass experiences, went through thinking process, and made the final decision with act” is the reasons and conditions behind it and cause my result. My result will be differing than the others, since the reasons and conditions behind me is differ than the others. It's all fact and making the real world, and its making you and me. So, anything happened or existed, in general, I respect the fact behind it, and I'm not complain or disrespect these fact(instead, I accept the fact of my unable to fulfill now, letting the time to help me grow and improve). Facing the present moment (the fact), and try the best to face the problem solve the problem, is the only option to proceed.

When things happened, if its need to be addressed or using proper way to deal with, then handle it with the proper way. If the result has some defect, we should face the problem and solve the problem. Any defects exist; we face it, knowing that my ability and the dependent conditions is not there yet. To make the body and mind peaceful and let body and mind work for me is more important than that I work for the body and mind. Accept the fact of lacking ability or proper conditions, rather than the embellished.

Once we know how not to be affected by the brain messages, the bias, subjective judgments, values system, etc. will not drive you to do the wrong thing. Instead, people will use the message from the sensing system (eyes, ears, brain, body...). When we hear, it's just heard, with no bias, subjective judgments, values system, etc. When we see, it's just seeing, with no bias, subjective judgments, values system, etc. When we think, it's just thinking, with no bias, subjective judgments, values system, etc. When we feel, it's just feel, with no bias, subjective judgments, values system, etc.

The outside world will become peaceful, by the inside-peace. So, familiarity with body and mind observation is the most important preparation procedure for getting a good future for our lives.

**** the feelings, just change the thoughts to what you want it to be and eventually the feelings will align with the thoughts. You must first learn patience, very important.