zebbie g asked in SportsBoxing · 6 years ago

Could a 49 year old Bernard Hopkins have survived in a Carlos Monzon/Marvin Hagler, or Bob Foster/Michael Spinks dominated......?

Middleweight, or Light Heavyweight division?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Ray
    Lv 6
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Old Hopkins would have been destroyed by them. A young Hopkins could probably survive all of them.

Bernard Hopkins is great because of how long he had the IBF and how old he still is but the FACT which is UNDENIABLE is that the IBF was never the best belts out there.

BHops lost when he first went for the IBF in middleweight, then he won it a few years later, he eventually unified titles at middleweight but didn't have unified titles for long.

At lightheavyweight BHops went for a more recognized title the WBC but he never successfully defended it.

Adonis Stevenson has accomplished more in lightheavyweight than BHops ever did. BHops at lightheavyweight won the title and immediately lost it to the guy Stevenson recently knocked out.

BHops would be out boxed and out punched by the bigger more experienced Bob Foster & Michael Spinks.

Against middleweights it would be more competitive.

BHops vs Monzon; BHops was a bit taller and a full blown middleweight so i don't think Monzon would knock him out, while Monzon had a longer reach so i don't see BHops outboxing Monzon from the outside.

The fight would be a technical one but both in their prime i see the more experienced Monzon pulling out a decision especially in a 15 rounder.

BHops vs Marvin Hagler; BHops had a major reach advantage and a slight height advantage. Hagler could play it technical but i see BHop winning with this method. Hagler would need to walk in and make it rough to have success but BHops does well when he sticks and moves + clinches. I see Hagler occasionally hurting BHops but BHops winning at least 8 rounds with very unpopular tactics.

• Lv 7
      6 years agoReport

Hagler would knock him out dont lie to yourself

• Login to reply the answers
  • BOBO
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

A 49 year old Hopkins, is way too old, and past prime, to beat any of those guys. A prime Hopkins would of been a tough out for anyone though.

• 6 years ago

No he would not beat any of those guys.

It is often when you fight that determines if you become a champion or not.

There are lots of very good fighters that were never champs because of the era when they fought.

Hopkins is lucky in that he did not fight these guys.

• 6 years ago

IMO Foster and Spinks were to big to walk down, hit and grab.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Yeah, I think so. Hop is stronger than these guys, even at his age.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Hagler would kill him

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.