what is yt3 ggpht . com ?

Avast keeps blocking this, even though I didnt open it. What is this?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

its free image hosting used by google blogger and others they are safe you can add them in trust zone

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I believe this is one of Youtube's servers. I received the same warning from Avast! when I opened a Youtube URL.

• 7 years ago

It's a server google uses to host data for YouTube. Don't worry about it though... Avast is just triggering to something that isn't there, it's what is known as a "false positive"... it happens sometimes. They already know about and are going to fix it soon.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I'm guessing you where watching YouTube at the time. this is happening to me and theirs a lot of questions coming in on Yahoo. I thinks Its just a glitch in Avast

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

FIX= Go into Avast - Settings - Update - Program - Update 2nd one down (pictured) called program it is a new Software update that seem's to fix this issue upon completion.

Attachment image
  • 7 years ago

No, You Tube was NOT open when Avast kept alarming It was on different sites.... I can't pin point the connection.

• 7 years ago

You must have been on YouTube at the time, because the same thing is happening to me. I like to listen to music via YouTube, but I'm assuming one of their servers has been hacked. I'm sure the people behind YouTube will have it sorted ASAP, but in the meantime, I'd stay off of YouTube.

• 7 years ago

Happened to me too. We just relinquished control of the internet to a different country. We should be a little alarmed.

• 5 years ago

It is not just YouTube it also shows up on other Google sites. There is a reference to it on GMail pages also.

• 7 years ago

Same thing is happening to me...

Every single time I click on a annotation or recommended video on youtube.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

It's YouTube I think, many people including me are getting this

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.