Would you recomend an SSD ?

I'm building my computer soon, and I had alot of advice from friends, on what to get or not get for my computer. But the question comes, should I get an SSD, my friend says that it's not useful and priceful. He sais when you want to install something you always have to choose if you want to install it on the SSD or th hard drive. I personaly don't find that a big issue. But then again, it does boot up your computer much faster and ooen up aps faster, right ? So is it worth it to get one ?

• alk99
    Best Answer

SSD's are much faster, but the prices can be a bit outlandish... especially for the better ones. Another alternative for something that gives you the best of both worlds... consider a Hybrid-Drive. It has a small SSD that is used in conjunction with a regular HDD in one unit. You get the boot speeds of the SSD with all the storage capacity of the platter type drive at a reasonable price. I have a 1TB seagate Hybrid in my netbook and it boots into Ubuntu on only 9 seconds.

Source(s): Me.

Hi using the ssd as the primary drive is the best idea and keeping storage of other data on another drive is the by far the best thing to do.

• MaX

Having SSD in your PC build is highly recommended. Boot up times and program loading times are much faster. In coming years, SSD's are definitely going to replace mechanical HDD's

You'll flabbergasted by how fast your computer will be by putting entire OS on the SSD

I would recommend Samsung 840 EVO SSD, having more than 1600 customer reviews

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-2-5-Inch...

• ?

A SSd is always a good Idea booting up time will be so fast .

An SSD will speed up your boot time and the time to load an application. It won't effect moment to moment computing.

yes, i finally got one last summer and it is great, instead of turning my pc on and going to make a cup of coffee while it boots i just turn it on and it's ready to go in less than 30 seconds, anything you install to it likewise loads quicker, so it's great for gaming.

The prices on some models have dropped sharply at the moment and you can get 240gig for about £90/$140 and 500 gig for about twice that

It's still expensive compared to a hard drive, but well worth it, i just use hard drives for storage now.

If you have extra money you dont care about then yeah its a good idea. However most people dont, for a gaming rig its far better to spend that money on a better processor or gpu.