Why isn't Jared Allen getting more flack for his actions this off-season?

Jared Allen has been saying that if he doesn't get as much money as he wants he'll retire. Let me just start out by saying, that this is probably just a negotiating tactic for him to gain more money and if that's the case, I don't have a problem with it, because 'hey do what you gotta do', but if he's serious I think he deserves a lot of flack for this statement.

I mean here's a guy openly saying basically, that he's not playing for the love of the game, for a chance to win, for loyalty, for any of those reasons, but playing purely for financial gain. It doesn't sound very passionate, which is strange, because on the field Jared Allen plays with a higher motor and more heart, than just about anyone. So what are your thoughts on this?

@ndmagicman He may not be as good as he once was, but he still recorded 11.5 sacks, marking the 7th straight year he's had double digit sacks. I mean say what you want about the man, but there's no question he can still be effective on a football field. He's worth more than 1 million a year.

Favorite Answer

Playing for the love of the game? LOL! Are you for real? LMAO!

Obviously, you never played a sport, you delusional twit.

If no one's willing to pay him more than $1,000,000, how can he be worth that? Duh/

His best days are behind him.

And yet he stills thinks he deserves top DE money.

If he is waiting for that then he will retire disappointed.

At best if I were a GM I'd sign him to a 1 year deal for $1 million plus some performance incentives.

• Sam

I wouldn't play either unless it was for good money, smart move by him imo.

because most of the good teams already have pass rushers.