Is Jackie Chan a jerk?

I always thought Jackie was a sweet, friendly guy. I love his movies and I used to love him but then started reading stuff about him like his political views and how he doesn't support freedom of speech and thought, his ego and his cruelty towards his family... I mean, it was a real punch in the stomach. It's all just an act for the cameras after all. He acts like this sweet generous nice guy but he's actually a very cold and violent man.

What do you think?

Favorite Answer

Lol haha I take it you considered my answer from previous questions regarding your thoughts on Jackie Chan? And done some research as well...

I don't support any political party and do accept anyone's political views as long as they back it up and are serious about it. He has publicly said at this moment, China aren't ready for democracy and he is right, China over populated, imagine the crime rate and problems if the public get to do what they want, another example is Hong Kong, all they do is protest and go on strike whenever they can and want which will lead to trouble and would also provoke people. It honestly wouldn't surprise me Hong Kong went on strike protesting and telling the world "rice is better than noodles" if one celebrity say "I prefer noodles". You can judge Jackie Chan from other things but I don't think you should judge him based on his political views or his opinion regarding the relationship between HK and China, Jackie Chan is one of few Hong Kongers who do like Mainland China and Chinese people. Many Hong Kongers consider themselves Hong Kongers first and Chinese second with few not considering themselves as Chinese.

I don't rate the fact that Jackie Chan was a bully, if it meant that made him into a better person and learning from those mistakes, then that's good, whereas for the child, that is the worse of the worse, kids need both their parents when available.

I only rate him as an entertainer/actor, that is as far as I will go. I'm not that much into celebrities.

Focus on WWE Superstars. I'm sure John Cena is considered more of a role model than Jackie Chan ;)

so american believe everything on the net and talk about freedom of speech. he has his own opinions about politics so what, that's not freedom of speech?

I don't really think it matters. As long as he's a good actor and he entertains us, it's all that matters.

no